cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet down, just renewed my contract

Novacustard
Dabbler

Internet down, just renewed my contract

Been a Plusnet customer for many years, and it was time to renew contract today after inadvertently skipping into really expensive mode.
Nice chap sorted me out this morning at about 11am, internet looks like it went off a few hours later, and the router won't reconnect.
This seems a coincidence, but s tasting a new contract when your already a customer wouldn't see me lose the internet? Or would it? Is this normal? Help!!!
9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

Re: Internet down, just renewed my contract

@Novacustard When you say 'internet went off', exactly what do you mean? Which modem/router do you have, and what colour are the lights - if any?

To be honest, I would say it is pure coincidence, as a new contract is purely an administrative action, and should have no effect on your connection.

John
Novacustard
Dabbler

I'm using a bt business smart hub router, the same as I have for the last 18 months.
The internet went off... Logging in to 192.etc gives mea not connected to the internet. Smart hub light is orange, restarted the box and it went eventually back to orange
jab1
Legend

OK. I'm not PN staff, haven't looked back at your previous posts, so I have to ask basic questions to try and help. I assume the BT Business hub is the 'advanced' version of the HH6? If so, can you post a screenshot of the page that gave that information, redacting any personal information?

Have you done a 'Quiet Line Test' -dial 17070, option 2, from your landline?

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@Novacustard 

Did you check that it has not reset to the original default BT username, this can sometimes happen? If so simply remove the DSL cable, re-enter your Plusnet username and password. Select save and reconnect if necessary and plug the DSL cable back in whilst it’s reporting ‘connecting’.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

Forgot that little quirk, @Baldrick1  - thanks.

John
Novacustard
Dabbler

Thanks for the input jab. I'll try baldricks suggestion first. If I screenshot the screen it's essentially just a line drawing of the router with a message telling me it's not working. Doesn't give any option to go further.
Baldricks sounds more likely imho. Had no issues whatsoever until this afternoon, following on from the-signing for a new contract with Plusnet.
jab1
Legend

No problem, @Novacustard - like I said, I'd forgotten the BT hubs can occasionally get their bits in a twist. 😉

John
Novacustard
Dabbler

Disconnected the DSL, checked the connection settings and they appear to be correct for Plusnet, still no connection.
Will wait and see what happens in the morning.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Novacustard, I'm really sorry for the loss of service, it looks like there was an outage affecting your area which has since been fixed and I can see you've been back on for the last couple of days. Please do shout up if there's any further issues though.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team