Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Speed has been capped , need help

FIXED
andrewted
Hooked

Line Speed has been capped , need help

Hi,

I am pretty confident that my line speed has been capped.

The issue started a couple of months ago when I had issues with a fault in the area resulting the line to drop off quite often.

After a couple days the situation became stable but since then my line has been capped to the same speed for months.

I have a pretty new line with all new cables and I am very close to one of the cabinets. I was getting always full speed around 70 Mbps, after this issue the line is now syncing at a constant 20000 Upload and Download 59995. That 59995 is quite odd as I have been connected for 35 days without it moving by 1 bit. I recently did a power cycle on the router and the numbers remains the same no matter what I do, what makes me think that has been capped is that those 20000 and 59995 remains always the same even after a reboot or line drop.

I am connected with wired to the master socket and there is no other socket in the house.

Can you please advice on how to solve this? Please see attached the stats of the router

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Line Speed has been capped , need help

Hi @andrewted, thanks for your message.

It most certainly does appear to be capped, or 'banded'.

This throws up a conundrum - We have a line reset trial that we can add your account to, to have the line reset so that it (hopefully) re syncs at the higher level. The issue with this is, I was informed by @MatthewWheeler earlier today that we have had some problems with the trial and that this can take up to 5 working days at the moment.

The alternative is that we book an engineer to come out and manually reset the line - which we could probably arrange for the first half of next week.

It's entirely up to you as to how you'd like to proceed - I can well appreciate that taking time off to wait for an engineer isn't ideal but can also see that a possible 5 working day wait is equally not ideal.

Please let me know.

andrewted
Hooked

hi @OskarPapa and thanks for the quick reply.

I am in no hurry honestly as I already waited for a month and half for the speed to change so another week is no big deal to me.

You mentioned the trial so I guess that's all done "on your side" without an engineer, is there any possible issue with this method instead of the engineer manual intervention?

I dont mind both ways, to be honest with you, and if the outcome will be exactly the same I dont mind waiting for the trial as it will save me to take time off work.

Thanks

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for getting back to me @andrewted.

Correct - if we send the account off for the trial, everything would be done our side with minimal disruption to you.

I've emailed your account over to my colleague who'll get it sent off on Monday AM and then update this thread.

Let us know if you need any further help in the meantime.

andrewted
Hooked

Hello @OskarPapa ,

It's been two weeks now but I still got this issue. There has been no communication via the ticket system and no update whatsoever in two weeks.

Can you please let me know when this will be worked on? I also contacted customer support a couple of days ago and they told me the issue will be worked on same day and I will be contacted about it... still no communication and nothing changed.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Fix

Hi @andrewted, sorry to hear that.

I have escalated your account to my colleague who has been sent your account to get this issue resolved but he is not in until Monday.

We will get back in touch on Monday with a further update.

Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team