cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband down

Malman
Hooked

Re: Broadband down

I rang them to state that we would not be renewing the contract and gave at least 30 days notice of this which is what they say they require. The Plusnet order was done round about the same time as I knew that there would be some delay. I didn’t want any interruption to service so did not schedule activation date as the same as disconnection date ( I really didn’t see that it would be an issue if Plusnet were sorting this automatically as I was led to believe)
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

I suspect that is where you went wrong - you should just have placed the order with PN, and let them liaise with the losing provider.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 405

I rang them to state that we would not be renewing the contract and gave at least 30 days notice of this which is what they say they require

That requirement is only applicable to a termination of service NOT a transfer. Transfers are 'Gaining provider lead' i.e you request a transfer from the new provider and THEY inform your old one. You do not, and should not, contact your old provider, just leave it to the new one. Well that's true providing you are staying within the Openreach network and not moving to/from Virgin media or an Altnet, and you are staying within the Openreach network in this case.

The Plusnet order was done round about the same time as I knew that there would be some delay. I didn’t want any interruption to service so did not schedule activation date as the same as disconnection date.

Was it before or after the PN order was placed ? Did you tell TT that you were moving to Plusnet or that you were just cancelling ?

How long after the order did PN take to activate the service ? I'm trying to establish whether it was a 'remote activation' or a new service order.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Malman
Hooked

Plusnet order was placed after contacting TT.
I requested the 19/4 as activation and the order was around 4/4. Noted about transfer and cancellation- it is confusing especially as I’m not regularly changing ( had been wit TT for years) Any ideas about what I can do to resolve? I’m not convinced the Openreach engineer will sort this tomorrow?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Plusnet order was placed after contacting TT.
I requested the 19/4 as activation and the order was around 4/4.

Thanks for that.

Any ideas about what I can do to resolve? I’m not convinced the Openreach engineer will sort this tomorrow? 

If there's an Openreach engineer booked for tomorrow , then there's probably nothing that is useful to be done before that.

Hopefully I'm wrong in my theory and that the Openreach engineer finds and fixes a fault. However given that the ONT light show OK I'm not holding much hope. Anyway the engineer OUGHT to be able to determine if the service has been ceased and get it re-instated.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Malman
Hooked

Thankyou- fingers crossed. Will post an update tomorrow 👍
Malman
Hooked

All sorted- needed a new ONT as serial numbers didn’t match or something to that effect. Thanks for the help everyone 👍
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

All sorted- needed a new ONT as serial numbers didn’t match or something to that effect

@Malman glad its fixed. Sounds a bit strange though ? not sure how an ONT that had a previously working service can suddenly have the wrong serial no...