cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continued billing after leaving plusnet

mrwilljackson

Continued billing after leaving plusnet

I requested a PAC code from plusnet on 16 Jan and was told the account would be closed on completion. My number was transferred on 18th Jan successfully.

I'm still receiving bills. my account says it has £15.00 credit and that a direct debit will be taken.

I have cancelled the direct debit with my bank.

* Please can plusNet support team contact me to resolve! I cannot call you as the contact number is permanently engaged, and the 500 number obviously will no longer connect to you as its no a new network.

many thanks

6 REPLIES 6
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: Continued billing after leaving plusnet

It will take 2 or 3 billing cycles - you will get at least one bill showing nothing but a credit balance, then you will get a bill showing a charge of the credit amount and a balance of £0. By that point you should have received a repayment via DD - except you have cancelled the DD so that will bounce and Plusnet will have to issue a cheque. That will typically add 4-8 weeks.

There are a number of us that transferred in November that are still waiting...

lConnor

I left in November 23, still getting bill emails. All monies paid and received a refund so DD cancelled but getting fed up with this. Husband closed same time - nothing! PN please just stop sending and remove my personal data!
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

When you receive a bill with a £0 balance then that should be the last you'll receive.

If you get a bill for the full amount again then there is a billing error, and you will have to waste time phoning Plusnet to get it sorted out.

lConnor

I would call them but number doesn’t work - any idea if a contact number?
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

What number are you calling?

John
lConnor

Just managed to speak to someone - they will sort out on Monday. One concerning comment was I was asked to check email I got yesterday re bill - was the details on it definitely mine!! It was but does this mean PN know of a possible data issue? Also appears many of us in same position re these emails - sort it out PN before someone takes action against you!!