Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid PAC

FIXED
Wonkie
Fixes: 1

Invalid PAC

HI. Trying to transfer Plusnet number to Three. Plusnet PAC invalid; won't verify. Tried in Three online account and mobile app. Called Three via webchat and they confirmed invalid PAC. Asked Plusnet for new PAC but won't issue new one as current one is still active. Tried calling Plusnet but line always engaged. Any help appreciated. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Re: Invalid PAC

Hey there @Wonkie sorry to hear the PAC isn't working. Did you get through to our guys at all? If not, I will PM you for the account info.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Wonkie

Hi. No, not managed to get through yet.

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@Wonkie - It's a bit strange for this to happen really and is unusual, there's no way you have given it incorrectly is there like put "I" instead of "1" for example? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
Wonkie

Hi @James30. I managed to get through to Julie at your help desk on Saturday and she confirmed the PAC back to me. I tried using it again on my Three online account whilst she was on the line and again coming up as invalid. She has now raised it with your back office team to resolve. Thanks

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

Oh brill, well it looks like things are getting sorted now. Just give us a shout if you need anything else. Cheers

James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@James30 wrote:

@Wonkie - It's a bit strange for this to happen really and is unusual, there's no way you have given it incorrectly is there like put "I" instead of "1" for example? 

Understanding the format of a PAC code might help avoid confusion between 'I' (capital i), 'l' (lower case L) and '1' (number 1) also 'O' (capital o) and 0 (zero).  See PAC and STAC Codes | Carphone Warehouse

Also therein is a hint that though a PAC code is valid for 30 days, some providers will not accept / honour it in the last 10 days less that leads to migration issues.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Wonkie

Fix

Thanks all for your help, particularly those at the Plusnet helpdesk on the several occasions when I called. Managed to get a new PAC which worked and my number transferred last night.