cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet email

mikerd
Hooked

Plusnet email

How many PN customers are aware that Plusnet is actively seeking to off-load its email service. This means you will end up having no email address. Neither is there any guarantee it will provide email forwarding. Neither are they informing customers offered 12 or 18 month contracts of this intention,

19 REPLIES 19
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: Plusnet email

Where is this 'information' coming from?

John
jab1
Legend

When there is a plan to do something, then there will be a formal announcement. In the meantime any comment is (at best) pure speculation by first line support, possibly confused with the confirmed closure of the JLP email service and the end of legacy email on closed Plusnet accounts.

John
mikerd
Hooked

Ask any member of PN Customer Service if they are aware of this or any member of the PN escalation team. I have emails confirming this. I just hope that PN will provide plenty of notice so that existing users can have time to identify an alternative email service and and to notify all their banks, service providers, goverment departments, etc. which will be an immense undertaking. PN could also ensure that they provide call forwarding for an extended period which would be of considerable benefit to it's existing email users.

jab1
Legend

Interesting - could you post the content of these emails, please?

John
mikerd
Hooked

I cannot post the content of these emails as it could put their authors employment at risk. You could try asking Allison Kirkby who now has responsibility for Plusnet.

jab1
Legend

I refer you to post #3 above, which came from a source with possibly more knowledge than the authors of these claimed emails. You could post the content, redacting any identifying details.

John
mikerd
Hooked

I resent you term "claimed" emails. The escalation team is a small group and the content of the emails could easily result in the individuals being identified. As I have already stated, Plusnet have witheld crucial information from their users which could result in those that have recently taken up 12 or 18 month contracts being financially penalised or sevely inconvenienced if they rely on email access for personal and business reasons. Plusnet should come clean and let their customers know they are actively pursuing the outsourcing of email.

jab1
Legend

@Townman  - Help!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.
John
jab1
Legend

@mikerd wrote:

I resent you term "claimed" emails. The escalation team is a small group and the content of the emails could easily result in the individuals being identified. As I have already stated, Plusnet have witheld crucial information from their users which could result in those that have recently taken up 12 or 18 month contracts being financially penalised or sevely inconvenienced if they rely on email access for personal and business reasons. Plusnet should come clean and let their customers know they are actively pursuing the outsourcing of email.

I know very well what the escalation team is - as I said, post the contents without identifying data.

John
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 21

If Plusnet were going to outsource email, then what you say in the original post about peoples email being taken away wouldn't be true, as it would be outsourced.  

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Good point, @pjmarsh 👍

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

This is nothing more than trouble stirring. The official advice stands - if and when there are plans, they will be announced formally. Listening to unaccountable gossip helps no one. But this is the style of tittle - tattle “reporting” these days. Either name the party, produce the evidence or accept the official statement.

As what is told to those taking out new contracts - if they are new customers they do not have the option of using the email service so there’s no misleading as inferred.

@NickBS

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Thanks, @Townman 

John
mikerd
Hooked

In response to comment from PJ Marsh, it is the customers email ADDRESS that is being taken away which I made clear in previous posts. This has major implications. With regards to comments from Jab1 and Townman I should point out that I was referring to EXISTING customers whose contracts were expiring and were invited to RENEW for 12 or 18 months without being informed they would offlloaded to another company and lose their existing email address. I am not "trouble stirring" but pointing out the facts, unlike Jab1 and Townman. I also respect the privacy of existing Plusnet employees. I have been a Plusnet customer since 2005 so I am in a position to make reposnsible criticism where it is justified.