Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet email

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: Plusnet email

IF the hosting of the email platform changes, the address does not have to change. As I - and @Townman (who is probably closer to the company than your contacts) have said, no announcement from the official  company channels is visible, and as also previously stated, that is what we (as customers/ex-customers) are to follow, not, so far unsubstantiated, claims.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

There are no facts in here, just ill informed hysteria.

If what you unsubstantiatedly claim were to happen then the service as is would be outsourced. What experience do you have in the area of managing IT services and outsourcing? Why do you think that outsourcing would change the email address?

FWI I’ve run service outsourcing / provider transfers and whilst there are challenges, this is not as hard as you think it might be.

If you are going to make wild assertions, please provide informed evidence to support them.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 3

I'm very confused by this. I have several email addresses, acquired over many years, that are "hosted" by an Internet company.

That company has changed ownership several times, it's services have been transferred, customers migrated, admin systems replaced, new servers set up etc. etc. Generally this has been without any work being required by me, just occasional brief breaks in service, but that happens anyway for maintenance and other reasons. It's normal activity as business services evolve.

If/when PlusNet were to "hand over" operation of any remaining email accounts to such a company customers would be advised, data would be moved and disruption would be minimal. I no longer have a PlusNet email address, but if I did it wouldn't concern me one jot. In fact it would probably be a bonus given the various issues reported (e.g. archiving) at present. 👍

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@HPsauce

Do not confuse real life experience with conspiracy theories. Wink Cheesy

Yes service migrations happen from time to time and largely they are completely transparent to the user. There is no foundation for the concerns being expressed here about needing to tell the world and their dogs about a change of service provider … if such were to happen.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Prosecution: We offer no further evidence, M'lud, and withdraw our claim.

Judge: Case closed!

John