cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

being sent oversea by the military

cueball1069

being sent oversea by the military

Good day,

I am in the middle of my contract (13 month remaining) and have just been told I'm being sent overseas by the military,

Due to the armed forces covenant do I still have to pay a cancellation fee? how do I cancel my account?

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: being sent oversea by the military

Let’s hope Plusnet do the right thing….

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: being sent oversea by the military

This is what you are looking for ... https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Plusnet-offer-Blue-Light-Defence-Discount/m-p/18658...

"For Defence, if you're serving in the Armed Forces, then with the relevant evidence, we can either cancel your account without termination fees, or move your services to another address with no one-off fees to pay. "

@Gandalf the venerable grey wizard no longer works these parts, so I suggest you call COTS.

Contact Customer Options Team (aka COTS)

COTs is the place to go to if you want to find out anything to do with your contract in respect of leaving, renewing or simply enquiring about early termination charges (ETCs). They have their own number and tend to answer quicker than the general customer service number.

Direct dial numbers

• 0800 013 2632 or 0800 079 1133(from within the UK)
  • +44 330 123 9197 (from abroad)
  • Available...
    • 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
    • 9am - 7pm Saturday
    • 9am - 6pm Sunday

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.