cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access control not working

Mrc1

Access control not working

I've got a Hub 2 running version v0.10.00.04201-PN of the firmware.

I can't get the access controls to take effect.

I understand HOW to set up access controls.  I've tried doing it by device and by setting up a group.  I've tried making sure my son's Playstation always uses the same IP address but it still isn't respecing the access control I have set up on the router,

The time on the router is set correctly.

Is this a known issue on this router?

Has anyone else had this issue?

It doesn't look like I have the ability to update the firmware.  is this normal?

Any other thoughts?
Many thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

Re: Access control not working

@Mrc1 Re: Firmware - you are on the latest f/w, and no you can't update it, that is done by PN - when they issue an update.

Can't help with the access control, you need someone with more knowledge than me - sorry.

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 78

@Mrc1 

There is a help section for the Hub Two here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/hub-two/ 

Hopefully the instruction will be of use.

amarshe
Hooked

On the firmware - as Plusnet now do fttp I’m happily back with them. I notice that my hub 2 is on the latest firmware and the ‘Firmware updated’ is ‘Unknown’.

My Bt hub 2 had several updates during my two year contract; is the Plusnet hub 2 firmware just better designed? Seems strange that updates seem less frequent.

Also seems that the Plusnet hub 2 doesn’t restart every 14 days? If so another bonus of being back with Plusnet!
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

@amarshe 

‘Firmware updated’ is ‘Unknown’.

I believe this will have a date if the Hub was updated remotely, mine indicates Firmware updated: 30-Jun-2023

I wouldn't be worried about the lack of updates, they are only issued when a new feature is added or a deficiency found. Many routers are the same.

The Hub would only be rebooted by plusnet after an firmware upgrade, my Hub System uptime: 283 Days 8 Hrs 24 Mins

amarshe
Hooked

Awesome, thanks.
Mrc1

Thanks Dan.  That's a bit too high level and general.

I can see HOW I'm meant to configure blocked time but it just isn't taking effect.  ....Yes I am saving my settings!  😉

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

@Mrc1 

Does the Access control work at all?

Access Control >Pause >Pause all Internet access: YES

Is it possible to Pause the individual devices, does that work?

When you set the access control do you see Screenshot 2024-04-10 084741.png against the device IP Address when viewing Home >My network >All devices?