cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN Router and Sky Broadband booster

Milliebud

PN Router and Sky Broadband booster

Can anyone tell me if its possible to link my Sky Broadband Booster to the PN router?

We live in a 200 year old cottage with thick walls.  We have just moved to PN broadband as Sky prices were getting so high and we dont have fibre here so were paying a lot for little download speeds.  I did explain to PN that we had a Sky booster in our kitchen but they said their router was better than Sky so we would probably be ok!  We are not. We obviously need some sort of wireless range extender but before I buy I wondered if somehow I could connect my exisiting Sky one.  I have tried the reset button and then putting it next to router and pressing both WPS buttons but nothing happens!  Maybe there is just no compatibility but thought I'd ask.

9 REPLIES 9
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 407

Re: PN Router and Sky Broadband booster

I've no experience of the Sky Boosters but I would have thought it ought to work.

Which version of the booster do you have ? https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-wifi-booster-what-do-you-need-help-with

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@Milliebud 

Have you tried a factory reset of the booster then trying to set it up again?

Booster not connected?

If you're struggling to connect, your booster might not be getting a signal from your hub.

• Check the power, internet and wireless lights on your hub are all green or white depending on which hub you have - it means its getting a signal. If not, go to No connection or slow WiFi.
  • Try moving you booster closer to your hub then try connecting again.

If that hasn't worked, reset your booster

1. Use a paperclip (or something similar) to hold RESET on the back of your booster for about 20 seconds or until the power and wireless lights flash.
  2. Wait until the power light turns white, then try connecting again.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Milliebud

We have the Sky Broadband Booster.  Clicking on the link you gave its the middle one.

Milliebud

Yes  I have tried the reset button and have placed it next to the router but it didnt work.  I will try again in case I did something wrong.  The power button lights up and the wifi light but not the connected light.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Does the WPS light flash blue on the HUb 2 when you press it ?

It should flash blue , and will then give you up to 2 minutes to press the WPS button on the booster.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Milliebud

It flashes blue once and then goes off.  I wondered if it should flash for longer?  I press the Sky booster wps straight away and that flashes and continues to flash for a while.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

It flashes blue once and then goes off.  I wondered if it should flash for longer? 

I would have thought it should flash blue for up to 2 minutes, to show its in the state to allow a WPS device to connect Have you tried holding the WPS button for a few seconds ?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

I have just checked and you need to hold the button in until you get a blue light. It then flashes for 2 minutes.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps try using the "Start WPS" button in the Hub Two's WiFi settings ? -

Plusnet Hub 2 WiFi WPS.jpg