cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection dropping

patti
Grafter

Connection dropping

Hi, Anyone else experiencing their connection dropping out intermittently since yesterday? I have reset it but wondering if there is a problem at Plusnet?  

29 REPLIES 29
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: Connection dropping

@patti Are you actually on Full Fibre (FTTP) or fibre to the cabinet (FTTC)? What happens when the connection 'drops out' - does the router light change?

John
patti
Grafter

Hi John,

Fibre to the Cabinet .. When the connection drops the light turns orange. It has been only in the afternoon for the last 2 days around 2 to 4  p.m happens about 3/4 times and then it's ok? 

jab1
Legend

OK, thanks for confirming you are on FTTC, as I thought.You obviously have a problem. my first suggestion is to follow the text below, but if they come back and say you haven't a problem, as it says at the end of that - come back and let us know, there are further options we can explore.

First thing to check: Is your phoneline clear? Dial 17070 (preferably from a corded phone), select option 2. Once your phone number is confirmed, there should be silence on the line except for the regular 'Quiet Line Test' message - any other noise, report a PHONE problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/phone/

If the phone test passes, report a broadband problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/

Let us know the result - if the tests come back as clear but you still have a problem, we need to investigate further.

John
Mav
Fixes: 517

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Full Fibre to Broadband.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

patti
Grafter

Hi John and thank you for your help.

I tested my phone line and it's silent.

The drop has been usually between 2 and 4 pm so I'll keep and eye on it today and see what happens. Fingers crossed it will have resolved itself. If not, then I will us the link you provided to report a fault.

Again, thank you.

Patti

jab1
Legend

OK - let us know what response you get.

John
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 32

@patti Hiya, I tried to give you a ring about the fault as I'm testing the connect here and it's failing and need to do a few checks inside your property. Feel free to send me some pictures on here or on a DM of the front and back of your router so I can see what we're dealing with. Cheers

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
patti
Grafter

Hi James, 

Thanks for calling.

It seems to be ok for the last couple of days, no drops.

I have the Router situated on a corner unit next to the line box. There is nothing electrical near it to interfere with the signal.

The camera on my phone isn't working so I cant take any pics.

I upgraded to a new Router approx 2 years ago.. sometimes the connection drops but not very often at all and only for maybe a few minutes..

Not sure if this info has helped any but I'm around on Tuesday if you want to call me.

Thanks for your helkp.

Patti

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Hi there Patti, just to check the things we normally do when we go through visual checks on your set up, does the phone socket your router plugs into have two connections? (i.e one for a router and a phone) or just a single socket? Also are you using the Plusnet router we supplied and do you have any devices connected into the LAN ports on the back?

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
patti
Grafter

Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting back to me.

To confirm, there are 2 connections on the phone socket. I am using the router you provided and there is also a Philips Hue bridge. The connection dropped again about 10 minutes ago for literally 2 minutes. What could it be?

Patti

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Not a problem, I've just been running a more detailed line test and that shows there's a physical fault with the phone line so we'll just need to arrange an engineer visit with you next. 

Can you let me know your availability in these times please?

Monday to Friday

AM = 08:00 to 13:00

PM = 13:00 to 18:00

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
patti
Grafter

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your email.

Just to confirm. I'm available a.m from this coming Friday and next week onwards.

Regards

Patti

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks Patti, I've just sorted that out for you and added an update to the ticket. - Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
patti
Grafter

Great, thanks Adam.