Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistsent Drops over last week

FIXED
ciscobandit
Fixes: 1

Consistsent Drops over last week

I have drops when inbound calls are received on the line since the service was installed. Had BT out numerous times and the problem still remains:( I have two more identical lines to the house. Neither of which have this problem.

In the last week the Plusnet line drops several times a day now and is usually out for a good 5 mins each time as it sync's up. Working from home this makes it extremely frustrating. Whilst i appreciate this is not Plusnet and a local area fault. I would be grateful if we could look at the local cabinet for the crosstalk issue. This seems to imply a high resistance fault or maybe a rectified loop. Or even trees nudging the line.

Regardless, the severity and frequency of service loss has rapidly increased in the last week, and i would appreciate this being escalated to BT for fresh line diagnostics please.

7 REPLIES 7
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

Re: Consistsent Drops over last week

@ciscobandit sorry about taking forever to get back to you. The test is saying high resistance and wants to book another engineer. Not much we can do from our side without popping those guys out until it's fixed. Sorry about this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
ciscobandit

Exactly what i was assuming. Is it possible to get an engineer booked please. Appreciate it's not Plusnet's fault it's a local fault presumably in the local cabinet or exchange.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

We can get that raised and booked in but we would need your availability, for next week Monday to Friday, either between 8am and 1pm or 1pm to 6pm?  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
ciscobandit

Any day Monday to Thursday is fine as i work from home. I'd prefer an 8am to 1pm time please:)

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

I have booked the appointment for the engineer to arrive between 8AM and 1PM on 18/06/2024. I'll hold the ticket on your account until the following day and we'll check back in to see how the appointment went and if everything is working ok. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
ciscobandit

Fix

Spoke to BT engineer and pointed them in right direction. The problem was a loop from the cabinet to the PCP, with the loop/crosstalk introducing the resistance and therefore fault. The BT engineers moved me to alternate pair on the path. And after some testing the resistance has gone, the line is considerably cleaner and does not drop when the line receives calls.

Thanks for listening and supporting, i look forward to a more stable service Smiley

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

I'm glad to hear this @ciscobandit any more issues please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team