Did you mean: 

Constant disconnects for the past week

FIXED
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: Constant disconnects for the past week

@MisterW wrote:

@kmw350 Looks like you're either going to have to call customer services or wait for a staff member to pick up this thread.

And hope you get a sensible agent.

John
kmw350
Rising Star

I'm now typing on my mobile as my internet connection is now completely refusing to connect, just constant flashing or solid orange light. Do you happen to have the phone number as my mobile searching is very slow. Thanks

jab1
Legend

@kmw350 0800 432 0200

John
kmw350
Rising Star

Thank you. Got through, OR engineer coming tomorrow pm. Nothing more I can do now.
I am very grateful for your help, thanks
kmw350
Rising Star

Surprise surprise, it has now reconnected now that it's been threatened with the OR visit. Smiley

kmw350
Rising Star

Thanks for pointing out the upload capacity Dan, if and when I get this sorted I'll worry about that later, it's not something that affects me too much.

jab1
Legend

@kmw350 wrote:

Surprise surprise, it has now reconnected now that it's been threatened with the OR visit. Smiley

From what I've see, Keith, you still need that engineer, and I hope he's a good one.

John
kmw350
Rising Star

Yep, no change in the past 12hrs, it's still disconnecting every 5 to 30 mins, I hope the engineer can find the cause this afternoon.

kmw350
Rising Star

Well, I did get  a good engineer. I would say his name, but probably shouldn't on a forum. He knew what he was doing, and identified that there was a fault somewhere outside the premises.

He swapped me onto different ports at the cabinet, and it appears it might have immediately fixed it. He then checked as far as he could on his own back towards my house, as far as my lane, (which would require two persons on the poles).

So, if all is well for the next few days to a week, then it is fixed. If disconnects continue to be bad through the weekend, or speeds fall and remain low, I am to report a fault again, and they will return, knowing they will now have to check the poles in my lane (about 250m).

He also fitted a brand new mk4 socket at my house.

I am very grateful for his efforts, it's restored my faith in OR, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it has fixed the problem.

Thank you very much @jab1 for your great help, it is reassuring to have this forum with people such as yourself on here, who are willing and able to help.

jab1
Legend

Glad you got a result (and a good engineer), Keith. Hopefully now he has identified and (and fixed) the fault in the cab, you should be OK, but as he said, if things start to go wonky, re-raise the issue.

No need for the thanks - that is what we are here for, although I may not be around much next week as I'm in (hopefully) glorious Devon, but I may be popping in here on the odd evening.

John
kmw350
Rising Star

Wow.

Just as I posted that message, a massive storm came in, blowing a STRONG gale and raining extremely heavily, and the internet cut out! Typical. As if it isn't awkward enough trouble shooting these issues, but hopefully it is because of the storm this time, hehe.

(My safety plug turned the pc off as well, so I risked turning it back on just to post this).

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Well, I did get  a good engineer. I would say his name, but probably shouldn't on a forum. He knew what he was doing, and identified that there was a fault somewhere outside the premises.

@kmw350 if you wish to praise the engineer, you can do it directly via the Openreach site https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/thank-an-engineer-form

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kmw350
Rising Star

Thanks @MisterW , I will definitely do that.

(It's still looking promising this morning, only one disconnect in the past 16hrs, but that was due to an unrelated power cut this morning, and my speed is already back into the high 40s).