cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnections and jittery after storm

CrystalJayme
Grafter

Disconnections and jittery after storm

We had a right storm earlier 2am. My fttc connection was very spotty as my front video doorbell was stuttering during the lightning storm and after. I've reboot my camera and router but still it's affected. Please can you check my line for both broadband and phone and please check my cabinet too. Thanks x
6 REPLIES 6
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Disconnections and jittery after storm

CrystalJayme
Grafter

Happened again after yet another thunderstorm. This has been happening after open reach guy did something at my property and the cabinet. Can you please find out if my cabinet Greenhill parkway. I had a storm today and my modem kept going offline. Plusnet please sort this out.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see you're having connection issues and apologies for the late response.

If you have a problem you can report a fault by texting us. We've got a good guide Here which explains how. In your case, line tests show a high resistance fault so if you can drop us a text we can arrange an engineer.

Alternatively if you could let me know when you'll be available for a visit, I'll be happy to arrange it. The engineers are available weekdays (and sometimes Saturday's) 8am to 1pm, or 1pm to 6pm.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
CrystalJayme
Grafter

Thank you, I'll let you know when best time for open reach visit. I'm currently waiting to see if it fixes itself. Thanks again x
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@CrystalJayme  It is very unusual for faults to fix themself, in fact it doesn't happen, best to get an engineer visit to have a look at it.

CrystalJayme
Grafter

I've had one open reach engineer out couple weeks ago and he found nothing. It's so annoying. I'll contact support when I'm available. Please don't make appointment for me. Thank you