Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband drop out

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 493

Re: Fibre broadband drop out

Hi @Bridiebabes 

Our tests are showing a issue that'll need a engineer visit to fix.

Can you respond to the text I've sent?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Total_Chaos
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@Bridiebabes 

"Hi everyone recently my connection drops out a few times a day, I have Plusnet hub 2 and when it drops it flashes orange then few minutes pass and it reconnects. It's becoming more frequent.

Things I have done turned router on and off.
Factory reset.
Checked broadband socket.
Changed micro filter."

Why a microfilter on FTTP, according to what you stated elsewhere to nother.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

@Total_Chaos 

Unfortunately "fibre" can mean FTTC or FTTP if not given context.

As I understand it a microfilter is only required if you have a landline on ADSL or FTTC. If you are on a SOGEA connection or FTTP no filter is required.

Brian

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Also, @Total_Chaos , the OP was clearly on a SOGEA (no phone FTTC connection), if you read the previous posts. You technically don't need a filter in that case, but having one is no detriment.

John
Bridiebabes
Dabbler

I have responded to the text, I replied anytime is fine as I'm currently off for 6 week holiday

@MatthewWheeler

Thank you
Bridiebabes
Dabbler

Micro filter splits my connection so I can have a telephone and my internet plugged in. I don't use a landline but the internet cable doesn't fit my open reach socket without the microfilter
jab1
Legend

A good point, @Bridiebabes  - if have one of the older-style master socket.

John
Bridiebabes
Dabbler

Hopefully they might put a new socket in when the engineer visits, it is an old style master socket been in for as long as I can remember.
jab1
Legend

Talk nice to him/her - if they have one on the van, it is a two minute job.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

I'm not sure if a new master socket with a Mk4 faceplate is that useful on a SoGEA connection. Given the reported connector issues with the Mk4 faceplates, other than looking neater, a filter with an older style master socket will probably give a more reliable connection !

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

@MisterW No wish to argue - honestly - but I had a 5c/Mk.4 master socket for about 5 years before I switched to FTTP, never had a single issue with it. 😀

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

I appreciate that, but the MK4 faceplate is clipped on rather than screwed and the contacts are of inferior quality.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Maybe I've been lucky then - but the socket is in a place where it never gets touched, and once it was confirmed working, I think I only had the faceplate off twice - on both occasions because OR insisted that I had to use the test socket (and a second router) before they would entertain sending an engineer out - despite the fact that I knew the problem was in the copper link - upstream of my internal setup, a point confirmed as soon as the engineer arrived.

Might have said this before, but I'm sure OR higher management is composed of the ghosts of GPO Telephones management, whose attitude was 'don't blame us, it's always the end-users fault'. 😉

John
Bridiebabes
Dabbler

Think the one installed at the moment is maybe a NTE5 socket
Bridiebabes
Dabbler

20240729_192431.jpg