cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from FTTC to FTTP

smiro03
Hooked

Moving from FTTC to FTTP

I have the following questions relating to moving from Plusnet FTTC to FTTP.

1. Will my Plusnet Username and password change when I move to FTTP?
  2. Will my public IP address change?
  3. Can I get a static IP address with FTTP?

Thanks for the help with these questions.

Kind regards

Robert Smith

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 23

Re: Moving from FTTC to FTTP

1. Not if you are upgrading your current account
  2. It shouldn't do if you currently have a static IP and you are upgrading the account
  3. Yes you can get a static IP on FTTP.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

@smiro03  you are aware that you will lose your landline phone ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

@smiro03 

I'm guessing here but I would imagine your public IP address will change as you would be moved onto a different part ot the PN network.

As mentioned you can get a static IP for (I believe) a one off payment of £5. I believe if you do get one before moving to FTTP it comes with you.

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

I'm guessing here but I would imagine your public IP address will change as you would be moved onto a different part ot the PN network.

You're initially connected through a different part of the Openreach network but end up on the same part of the PN network, so there's no reason why the static IP should change. In fact mine has stayed through changes from dial-up to adsl to fttc to fttp(trial) and finally to fttp. There was a minor hiccup going from fttp trial to fttp (full fibre product) due to a system issue, whereby a new static was issued temporarily but the old static was not lost and was returned when the issue was fixed.

smiro03
Hooked

Yes I am.

Thanks for letting me know.