cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to John Lewis Broadband issues- any staff member able to help please?

HELLOMM

Moving to John Lewis Broadband issues- any staff member able to help please?

hi there

i have come to end of contract and will be moving to John lewis broadband - taking both line and broadband from them.

i had an a email out of the blue from plusnet saying "thank you for cancelling the phone order..." but i have not cancelled anything.

when i log into my plusnet account, it says "'im sorry we are unable to action your request at this time as your account is moving away from us. We hope you come back in future!" for both phone and broadband which suggests both broadband and phone are being switched.

just wanted to see if all was ok  as i know plusnet provide  john lewis broadband and phone service, and i thought the cancellation email  might have been triggered  due to internal system configuration as i;m still staying within the plusnet network.

is any staff members able to confirm that my switch of broadband and phone is all good from plusnet end, please? i;m sure it is but wanted to double check.

thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Edinburgh_wg
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Moving to John Lewis Broadband issues- any staff member able to help please?

If you've already signed up to be with John Lewis, then I presume this cancellation email from Plusnet is automatically generated. The reason is: if you're with John Lewis Broadband, then you can't be with Plusnet at the same time, unless you have two tel. lines. (Although both JL Broadband and Plusnet are owned by the same parent company, both are different companies with their own Ts and Cs.)

What you need to confirm is that you've had your broadband connection with Plusnet for the duration of the contract (aka minimum term, which is either 12 months or 18 months).

If you've not, but cancelled by going to someone else (even if it's a company related to Plusnet, you're still bound by Tc and Cs of the company that you signed up to to have your broadband connection provided by), you'll be liable for paying a cancellation fee and paying the reminder of the contract. 

HELLOMM

Re: Moving to John Lewis Broadband issues- any staff member able to help please?

hi there

i am moving after 12 months contract has expired

the email says the cancellation of  phone has been requested and cancellation has been stopped - but i have not requested it.  when i log into my acocunt with PN it says both phone and broadband are due to be moved away from plusnet

hence thats why i thought it would be helpful if staff members can help and confirm what the situation is.

is there any staff members willing to help please?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Hi there,

Sorry for the confusion here. I can't help with John Lewis Broadband on the Plusnet Community Forums I'm afraid, but I have taken a look at your Plusnet account and despite the confusing messages you've received, the transfer of your phone line is due to go through on the 15th September.

Once that's happened, your broadband service should transfer across, which should be significantly quicker. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet