Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Broadband Speeds?

FIXED
joecool
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

New Fibre Broadband Speeds?

Hi new Fibre broadband only package was activated on Monday. Expected download speeds between 45 & 65 mbs. Fibre average 50mbs. Minimum guaranteed 35mbs. At the moment receiving between 20 & 26 mbs. Will this improve over the next few days & when the actual landline is disconnected as it still seems connected?
Appreciate any help pls

Thx

27 REPLIES 27
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: New Fibre Broadband Speeds?

@joecool That current speed looks a little low to me. Can you post the result of https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ , and your Hubs Technical Log - assuming you are using a Hub2?

John
joecool
Rising Star

Hi thx for quick reply
I had tried BT speedtest but site doesn't open properly. Other speedtests show 21-22 mbs & 8 -9 mbs. Still using Hub 1 told it still should be OK
jab1
Legend

Strange about the BT site - I've not heard that before - are you using a desktop/laptop or a mobile device?

Try https://www.speedtest.net/ - and please post the result.

If you are using the Hub1 - which is perfectly fine, BTW - can you post the 'help Desk' page - obscuring personal details?

John
joecool
Rising Star

Hi speedtest result shows 20.95 maps.

Help desk page?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joecool  were you on ADSL previously ?

jab1
Legend

A picture paints a thousand words, but basically : log into the hub and then navigate to:

HubOneTroubleshootingHelpDesk.png

John
joecool
Rising Star

Unlimited Fibre with speeds up to 36-38 mbps
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit - post deleted
joecool
Rising Star

Hi seems that the reason getting blank screen is msg says 'Sorry, The speed test is no longer available on the web' moved to My BT App
joecool
Rising Star

Appreciate your help Will get back later
jab1
Legend

@joecool wrote:
Hi seems that the reason getting blank screen is msg says 'Sorry, The speed test is no longer available on the web' moved to My BT App

That is a very strange one - I have zero problems accessing and running it on my laptop.

John
joecool
Rising Star

Hi BT Speed test working this morning, speeds show 27.13 mbps & 8.52 mbps

jab1
Legend

Still a bit low - IMO

Please follow the below, and maybe a Community member can suggest what needs looking at.

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots, posted as pictures within the topic, not as attachments:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (Ethernet) connection if at all possible, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub (with the 'Username' obscured) would be a good starting point.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If you are unsure about any of the above, please just ask - I am happy to help.

John
joecool
Rising Star

Hi thx again its fibre broadband only so landline is supposed to be disconnected but still appears connected.