Did you mean: 

Plusnet DNS Issues

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Re: Plusnet DNS Issues

or maybe Sky DNS is only reachable within the Sky network

That's likely. Certainly PNs DNS are only accessible from a PN connection.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Starlink666
Dabbler

Well the BT / Plusnet DNS Servers are still not resolving my domain unfortunately. This morning I switched the nameservers over to Cloudflare but so far this has not helped. I'll give it a couple more days before deciding on the next steps. Is there anyone else that I can escalate this to? I'm not really getting anywhere with Plusnet support and BT don't want to know since I'm not a customer with them. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Starlink666 I'll have another prod on the escalated thread but I'm pretty sure you're right , it's a BT problem.

I'm in a holiday cottage on a BT broadband connection and it doesn't resolve with their default DNS either.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

@Starlink666 wrote:

This morning I switched the nameservers over to Cloudflare but so far this has not helped.

Is there anyone else that I can escalate this to? I'm not really getting anywhere with Plusnet support and BT don't want to know since I'm not a customer with them. 

This is well escalated and is being investigated, however "They have changed the nameservers again as well which is hampering investigations.".

The issue appears to be out with Plusnet and has been reported to impact BT Retail and EE users.  Leaving the name servers alone to allow full propagation of the the domain name might be more helpful to those investigating the issue.  Be assured that whatever the issue is, it is not a simple one.

Starlink666
Dabbler

Thanks. Enjoy your holiday! Smiley 

Starlink666
Dabbler

Thank you. It was last Wednesday that I changed the nameservers but these were still managed by the same host. If they hadn't fully propagated by this morning (5 days later) on the BT servers than I wasn't expecting them to. All of the other DNS servers had fully propagated within 24 hours. So I thought I'd try swapping them over to Cloudflare. I won't be changing them again this week. Glad to know that it's still being investigated. Thanks again!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Starlink666 try it now.

Its now working for me on a BT connection

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Starlink666  Now working on Plusnet connection using Plusnet's DNS servers.😁  I wonder if you will ever find out what the problem was?

Starlink666
Dabbler

@MisterW Yes it does appear to be working again Smiley Hopefully it's still working again in the morning. Is it possible to find out what the issue was exactly? And if it's likely to recur? 

Starlink666
Dabbler

@RealAleMadrid Yes, it would be nice to know exactly what the issue was and if it's likely to recur. Still, I'm just grateful that it appears to be sorted now.