cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router flashing red

stephen6

Router flashing red

My router has started flashing red this morning, so getting no internet. I did a reboot and a factory reset but neither worked. Did the text service and they confirmed there is an incident in my local area. However, it has been more than 30 mins and no further calls or texts. 

The expected fix is 22/12/2023 by 5pm. So nearly 3 days at worst case scenario. I work from home so need the broadband in order to do my job. So I am unable to work now and no idea what else to do. I also don't have enough data to use a personal hotspot on my phone.

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

Re: Router flashing red

Many people consider broadband as almost an essential service these days, unfortunately that doesn't include Openreach!

The expected fix is 22/12/2023 by 5pm. So nearly 3 days at worst case scenario.

That's OR's normal expected repair time, it may well be fixed before that but it's not a guaranteed fix time I'm afraid.

You should get compensation if its not fixed within the expected time, unless its an MSO (Major service outage) but if you need broadband for work then you probably ought to think about some backup plan. If you've got decent 4g or 5g coverage then think about a sim plan where you could add extra data allowance instantly and use a phone as a hotspot.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 493

Re: Router flashing red

Hi @stephen6 

I'm sorry to hear this happened.

It looks like things came back on around 12:20pm yesterday and my tests aren't showing a issue anymore.

Is all working okay now?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team