cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router goes from green, to blue, to flashing orange, to full orange then full orange with a red 'b'?

FIXED
hetbet
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Router goes from green, to blue, to flashing orange, to full orange then full orange with a red 'b'?

Hi. Got an issue with my router, which means I haven't had any internet access for 5 and a half hours.

My router just stopped working at 16:43 GMT.

Now whenever we turn it on, it goes from green, to blue, before switching to flashing orange, then full orange with a red 'b'?

I've read up and that means no internet and no broadband right?

Tried solving by restarting, and rebooting it.. Waiting til 8am tomorrow to call up. Either an issue on plusnets side or my router right?

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Router goes from green, to blue, to flashing orange, to full orange then full orange with a red

@hetbet  Welcome to the forum.

It’s probably a problem with your broadband connection, not your hub. Is your telephone working? If not report a phone fault as that will be the reason for your lack of an Internet connection. Otherwise report a broadband fault.

The text reporting service is an easy way to report a fault, see. https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/#broadband

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

hetbet
Hooked

Re: Router goes from green, to blue, to flashing orange, to full orange then full orange with a red

Yeah, telephones working so its a broadband fault.

Never had it before though, so we'll call tomorrow to talk.

Going to guess its the hubs fault.

hetbet
Hooked

WAS just looking at the link you posted and filling in a form, but I don't have an 'ONT'.. I have an openreach mastersocket, but it doesnt have the 3 colours (LOS, PON, LAN).

So I can't even answer half of it?

hetbet
Hooked

Just tried to send the form..

hetbet
Hooked

Fix

It's gone now, my internet is back, at 3:49 AM.

Noticed it was blue again, confused, tested it and now it works.

It's been off since 4:43 PM (16:43), up til now..

So 10+ hours, maybe a scheduled maintenance we weren't told about?

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

@hetbet 

The lights on your Hub suggest your broadband is deleivered by copper cable (ADSL or FTTC/VDSL) NOT Fibre cable to your property (Full Fibre/FTTP), so you should have used the text service to report your fault

Dan.