Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking service!!!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Re: Shocking service!!!!

I'm a little puzzled, because we hadn't previously booked an engineer visit to cancel and nor has anyone followed up with you on Friday. I picked this up on Thursday and placed the ticket Here on hold until today. 

From our point of view, you've complained to us about an issue with your connection and we're trying our best to help by arranging a Qube engineer to take a look at your internal setup, not the line itself. Openreach engineers are responsible for the line and I agree, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. 

I can't see a fault raised 6 weeks ago however I can see we reported a fault in December just before Christmas to our suppliers, and an Openreach engineer fixed a problem at the exchange.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ginchy
Grafter

????

Adam booked an engineer last wed I think from qube who was supposed to come here on friday between 4pm and 6pm

At 4.45pm I got a text then a phone call from a woman on an absolutely atrocious line which was dropping out all over the place and sounded like one of the very first voip I tried over 20 years ago like someone under water.

She was the one who rebooked for this wednesday she phoned me from 03301000466 11th march 1839hrs

I had no idea an engineer was coming to look at my "internal setup" what exactly does that mean?

Yes doesn't time fly I think it probably was December I had no dial tone and a very nice lady got me a v fast call out because I am disabled  lol

Do you think this person coming here will be able to work out why I am getting this "connection refused" thing? 

It would save me a lot of work because if I can't fix it I am going to have to do a reformat because although I have a setup that works on my new build I have too much on my current c drive that I need to transfer my c drive to the new build and, of course, it means I will also be transferring the fault.

If by setup you mean my actual pc I have 8 hard drives and 3 operating systems so it ain't going to be a simple check lol

Just had a look at the texts I got and on the 10th march they (qubeGB) sent a text saying they would "arrive tommorow between 1600-1800 if I need to reschedule or cancel just text back ABORT"  so once again no 48hrs needed Huh

ginchy
Grafter

I just wrote a lengthy reply and when I tried to post it "you don't have sufficient privileges to do this" came up and I lost the lot....hmmmm!!!

Adam booked engineer for friday 4-6pm...last wednesday I think it was..... the morning after my op

Got text at 4.45pm on friday saying cancelled but mobile phone wasn't on so......

Woman phoned landline at 6.39 to reschedule for wednesday..... terrible line from her .....garbled dropping out etc like a low bitrate voip

Yes the no dial tone prob was december time flies when you get old lol

First text on thurs saying "we will be there tomorrow was from qubeGB and it said if I needed to reschedule of cancel just text ABORT so no problems there to cancel.???

Second text said "bt engineer" wasn't coming on behalf of qube

What does "internal setup" mean? I was under the impression it was my line that was being tested. Adam said "yes I can see your internet keeps dropping out I think its best I send out an engineer" so that gave me the impression it was the line. Never in my life have I ever known that people come here to look at "my setup" thats one hell of a service that!!!!

So why there is no record of any of this on your system beats me???

PS.....I see my post is there now? It wasn't the last one was yours and I refreshed went back etc etc is there a delay on pots appearing are they moderated or something? Anyway you now have 2 versions of the same waffle

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Hi @ginchy it was stuck in the spam filter so I released it for you.

Edit :- Spam filter not soap!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah yes I can see Adam originally booked the engineer for Friday. I'm really sorry for the confusion.

Ultimately I tried to cancel the engineer last night and also this morning and I was unable to. If Qube were able to reschedule the visit themselves with less notice then that'd be up to them. There's no record of that conversation on our systems because Plusnet did not re-arrange the engineer visit. Not to worry though, the engineer will only try to help you but if you don't want the visit anymore you can always say so when the engineer arrives and they'll turn away. Smiley

You've reported to us you're experiencing connection issues, so we've arranged a Qube engineer to help you get to the bottom of the problem as this sort of issue can caused by your equipment or wiring as much as the line outside. 

However with the extra information you've provided since then, it does seem like the issue is down to one of your devices. I apologise again if booking the engineer wasn't the right thing to do but we're only trying to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ginchy
Grafter

What happened to putting me on a static IP has this been done?

The woman on the phone said to me "it is us at plusnet that are at fault for causing the cancellation" lol

Who was this woman then and why was she claiming to be from plusnet......I did wonder why plusnet would be using such atrocious quality equipment to phone me and also the background noise made me think it was someone "working from home"

In the same vein that you are only trying to help I too am only trying to help plusnet from needlessly sending out engineers that I assume you have to pay for.

https://www.ionos.co.uk/digitalguide/hosting/technical-matters/err-connection-refused/

There doesn't seem to be any mention anywhere about equipment causing this and the above link is pretty comprehensive so after trying all the solutions I tried solution 10 

This error is all over google!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Morning. I can see Adam added a static IP for you and this has been applied to your connection since 11:51 13/Mar/2022.

I can't speak for the Qube engineer and their processes, but if I could cancel the visit I would do. Sadly, I can't. 

As the visit is still planned, I'll call you back tomorrow once they've been to follow things up with you. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Clearly not a plusnet issue, and quite obviously a fault with your PC.

Is the date and time correct on the problematic machine?
ginchy
Grafter

Yes the refused connections are not to do with pnet but the internet drop outs are!

My partner is on a brand new laptop supplied new by her work to work from home and we both get them so the router is dropping out all the time even at non busy times like 4/5 in the morning.

Her laptop has never been connected to mine in ant way and no software has ever been installed except the stuff by her work lawpro and cloud software.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hello,

Looking at a picture of your broadband connection below, the actual broadband seems stable to me:

Let's see what the Qube engineer finds when they're looking into this for you today. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hiya. I've checked the fault report with Qube and we've not received an engineer's report back yet. I was hoping to call you after the engineer had been but as I'm about to log off now for the night, and I'm not in the office tomorrow for the rest of the week, I've passed this onto a manager for another colleague to follow up with you tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ginchy
Grafter

Problem in mini master causing instability

Converted to extension

72 hours to kick in

ginchy
Grafter

Can you please ask Adam to switch me back to dynamic ip address as the engineer has found the problem and being on static ip is causing me a problem I hadn't thought about.

Thanks.

Everything seems very stable so its looking good!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Hi there, I'm really glad to see this has now been sorted and that things are stable again. Just before I could remove the static IP for you can you reply back to the ticket on your account to request that here? https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=222642417 let me know on here when you've responded and I'll sort that out for you.

Cheers for your patience whilst we've worked through this and just let me know if there's anything else we can help with. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ginchy
Grafter

Adam

Afraid it's not resolved. At 4pm this afternoon my partner told me she had a terrible morning (again) with this same problem while she is trying to work.

She is a legal secretary and is logged onto an internal cloud system and these problems seem to be happening during the hours of 10-12 in the morning on a regular basis. She works on a brand new laptop supplied by her work and it is never used for pleasure only work. She uses Lawpro and the only interaction she has with the internet is government websites and other high secure legal services which I am not going to name as I may be breaching securities. 

Both our machines are clean. She says "it is the excact same thing that you get when suddenly the internet just drops out for no reason then comes back again" as I have said to you before this seems to only happen with the bt network.

My own pc is not even switched on during these episodes that she has in the morning.

My own "popular" time for this to happen is late evening and early in the morning 4-5am

Here is the log from my router

10:22:11, 23 Mar. (574699.350000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
10:22:42, 23 Mar. (574729.640000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
10:23:57, 23 Mar. (574804.690000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
10:24:27, 23 Mar. (574834.980000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
10:27:01, 23 Mar. (574989.250000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
10:27:32, 23 Mar. (575019.540000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
10:32:36, 23 Mar. (575323.510000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
10:46:25, 23 Mar. (576152.730000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
11:04:31, 23 Mar. (577238.410000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
11:05:01, 23 Mar. (577268.700000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
11:05:44, 23 Mar. (577312.080000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
11:06:15, 23 Mar. (577342.370000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
11:07:22, 23 Mar. (577409.680000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Timeout
11:27:18, 23 Mar. (578605.640000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
11:29:05, 23 Mar. (578712.990000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Timeout
11:36:22, 23 Mar. (579149.740000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Timeout
11:36:54, 23 Mar. (579181.910000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
11:37:24, 23 Mar. (579212.220000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
11:38:51, 23 Mar. (579298.500000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Timeout

After this everything worked fine all day long

I have only extracted the bits where she is disconnected if you want to see the whole log its no problem but I didn't want to publish it here because I don't know if I am breaching any securities and publishing stuff in public that I shouldn't be so contact me by email if you need more.

Please go ahead and change me back to dynamic ip thanks.