cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Upload Speed, Gradually Dropping Over Time

Parallax
Dabbler

Slow Upload Speed, Gradually Dropping Over Time

I used to get upload speeds of around 18Mbps, which is the estimated speed that appears in my dashboard. Over the last few months, this has been gradually slowing down. It's now 14.79Mbps, which feels too slow for what I use it for. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 493

Re: Slow Upload Speed, Gradually Dropping Over Time

Hi @Parallax

I'm really sorry for how long it's taken to get back to you. We've been quite busy recently so it's taking longer than we'd like to reply.

My tests are showing that your upload sync speed is still 20Mbps which is within expectations.

Are you testing the speed over a wired or wireless connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Parallax
Dabbler

Thanks for checking the line. I've carried out the same tests using a desktop PC connected to my router via ethernet and on the router itself using its built-in speed checker, with both methods yielding the same results. My hardware and network settings have remained the same for well over a year, so I'm assuming neither of those are responsible for the gradual reduction in speed.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

Are you using the hub 2 router @Parallax or a 3rd party one? Just so we know the way it's set up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team