cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload

StJust

Slow upload

Good Evening

I have recently renewed my connection and received a new router.  Since the new router was installed, my upload speed is less than 1mb/s.  Download is fine, within the stated 17-19mb/s.

What is causing the slow upload?  Video calls to family are almost impossible.

Astrid

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 283

Re: Slow upload

@StJust Welcome to the forums. What package are you on? If you can post screenshots of BT Broadband  (obscuring your phone number) and the 'Advanced Diagnostic' from BTW Performance Tester , we may have a better idea.

John
StJust

Hi John

Screenshots are attached, including the PlusNet package details, which I have just seen, states that the estimated upload range is 1Mbps!

One of my neighbours is connected to the same cabinet, has his broadband through BT and gets 66 down and 19 up.  I appreciate he is on a faster package but 1mbps compared to 19mbps?

Astrid 

jab1
Legend

Quick answer before I retire for the night. You are on an ADSL package, admittedly fairly close to the exchange, but the maximum upload speed on that package is around .89Mbps and is not a guaranteed figure. Have you considered moving to FTTC?

John
StJust

Hi John

Thank you for your replies.  I had a chat with PlusNet this afternoon andI was under the impression that I had upgraded from ADSL to the Ultimate Fibre package, hence being told I needed to upgrade my router.

The old ADSL price is the same as the Ultimate Fibre package price so I have completed the upgrade form to switch.  Everything is due to go live on 4th November.

Thanks again for your help.

jab1
Legend

@StJust You obviously hadn't upgraded to FTTC (from the details contained in you 'package' screenshot), but at least you will now get much better speeds - and reliability.

John