cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off wireless on Plusnet Hub Two

FIXED
mikethebook37

Turning off wireless on Plusnet Hub Two

I phoned Plusnet to ask if it was possible to turn off wireless usage on my broadband internet and they said, no it wasn't possible. I'm confused by their answer. After our phone conversation, I found my way to Plusnet Hub Two Manager (using 192.168.1.254) and to the Wireless tab (attached) which shows that Wireless 2.4 and 5 apparently CAN be turned off separately by clicking on Change Settings. In the box opened I'm required to enter an admin password. Anyone know what would that be? But I'm assuming that both wireless systems can be turned off, despite the official position. Comments and help would be welcome.

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: Turning off wireless on Plusnet Hub Two

Fix

@mikethebook37 Yes, you can disable the wireless on the Hub2 - despite what first-line support says. As I've never used one, I suggest you see what happens when you enter the wireless password (key) found on the pull-out card on the Hub.

John
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi @mikethebook37 

The wireless can be turned off as you have found out.

The password is usually stated on the back of the router.

This may help:

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-setup-guides/hub-two/

Richard

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

@mikethebook37 the admin password is listed on the back of the router and on the removable plastic tab.

Its listed as 'admin password for hub manager'

There is also a 'disable all wireless' option ( may be in the advanced settings for wireless ) that you may wish to select as well.

Reason behind that is that there is a hidden wireless SSID that will still be active when the 2.4 & 5 ghz bands are disabled , unless you use the disable all option.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mikethebook37

Thanks guys. Very helpful. I wonder why first line support deny the ability to trun off the wireless?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

@mikethebook37 Because they are badly trained, these days.

John
mikethebook37

😁!!