dns block

pleasedonotswea
Hooked

Re: dns block

looks like it went down at 04:02 to me https://pinescore.com/tools/report/365

paul1974
Hooked

According to Smokeping problems started around 04:00. After texting HELP (https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/) and going through the steps the internet is working again. The last step of turning off the hub for 5 minutes and then turning on seemed to be the step which fixed it. 

Markwallwork0
Grafter

I’m on fibre normal not direct to property
Grimaudiere
Hooked

Still broken here. Spoke to a very nice person on support who said there is a national issue - so PlusNet are aware.

It feels like it’s intermittent, Sometimes it works and then suddenly no route, Down detector still showing upward trend and >500 score. Oh well - of course Sod’s Law is that today is when we really need it.

MartinPN

Same issue as everyone else. 

Once I can actually get a connection to my VPN up - everything works fine. 

Markwallwork0
Grafter

Stupid question but how do you force the traffic via the vpn ?
davgap
Dabbler

I've had the same issue since getting up a couple of hours ago. Still ongoing for me. As someone else reported, turning on the VPN works as a workaround - once the VPN gets connected that is. Took me a couple of attempts, and it spent ages trying to connect but got there eventually. 

davgap
Dabbler

Should just happen automatically, at least that's my experience with most VPN providers. I'm on NordVPN - once you're connected all the traffic is routed via the VPN.

QuadT
Hooked

Having spent the morning looking at what's broken in my home network, I'm glad it's not just me.

Although at least every device has had it's first reboot in a year!

pleasedonotswea
Hooked

lol same, was a weird one. everything ended up with a fresh reboot, my precious proxmox box didn't have a clue why it was getting the blame/!!

QuadT
Hooked

I spent longer taking backups of pfSense / Proxmox VMs than actually rebooting them. I wasn't entirely sure if they'd ever come back online lol.

I've just seen on X that the default support reply has been updated when responding to everyone's questions this morning:

"We’re aware of a situation at the moment which is effecting a lot of customers. Currently we have no timescale to get this resolved."

IngeJones
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

My phone data is having no problems - EE which I thought used the same systems as BT and Plusnet.  But we have no service via modem currently

jwsg
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Downdetector is always the best check - the Hub 2 lights don't show the issue so with lots of devices not working it's hard to figure out.

Best to have a mobile data allowance as PN issues are getting more frequent.

Full fibre might be coming soon but nervous about recontracting.
kullyrai
Dabbler

We've had issues this morning too, noticed about 7am, but just left it. Once the kids were up a lot of wailing that they can't get on Disney to watch their shows!

Restarted Plusnet router and everything seemed to come back, but was very intermittent and slow. Coming up to 10am seems to be working for us again, but still a bit sluggish.
We're out for the afternoon today, so not too big of an issue. Would have been a real problem for me if it had happened yesterday, as I WfH.

keeka
Grafter

@QuadT My BQM shows inbound ping dropped from 4am and came back once I rebooted my router. It's working ok'ish at the moment. My issue seems to have been complete loss rather than DNS specific. Router is using unbound in resolver mode and no public DNS servers.

Like you, I use proxmox and pfsense virtualised. I had an issue yesterday, after upgrading, that caused me to resort to restoring my Proxmox system disk from backup. When I saw this problem, I immediately thought my previous day's issue and that restore MUST be involved. But seems it was not. These fluke coincidences can lead to panic and unnecessary effort when you're desperately trying to get you connection up!

I don't use twitter or facebook. Where do they post these updates on the website?