cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dns block

RRM
Rising Star

Re: dns block

Noticed intermittent problems around 11pm last night, slow loading webpages; thought it might be my device.
Everything down at 6am when I got up. As others checked everything at my end, all ok.
Eventually got through to Plusnet who advised of major outage but no estimated time for a fix!
markhawkin
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 14

At the risk of a "me too", My thinkbroadband monitor went all red a bit before 4am. It targets my static IP address so no obvious DNS involvement. I have another monitor that uses a router based dynamic DNS service and that shows the same drop.

The connection showed "no internet" on a phone. Nothing wrong on the Openreach ONT (all green).

I was very puzzled but tried dropping the PPPoE session (rather than a router power cycle) and that brought connectivity back.

A problem in the "plumbing" I guess.

I am the satisfied customer....
Grimaudiere
Hooked

Good news. At around 10ish, someone at PlusNet has fed the hamsters and wound up the rubber band and it seems to be working. Down detector is showing improved service. All seems to be working here.

keeka
Grafter

@markhawkin yes same here, manually restarting router's pppoe got me back online. This is one of few, if not the only, time I have found this to solve a connection issue. What I am struggling to understand is why my router did not attempt to restart PPP since it uses a ping monitor where by it restart PPP if there is prolonged 100% packet loss. At least it has in the past...

Markwallwork0
Grafter

Working here now as well
markhawkin
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 14

@keeka 

That's a good point that I hadn't considered.

My router uses PPP Detect as a way of determining whether the Plusnet connection is up.That will be why the connection seemed good but wasn't.

I guess there was a connection to the equipment terminating the PPP session but a problem beyond that.

I am the satisfied customer....
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Thanks for your patience and I'm sorry you are having an issue with your connection. 

The issue should now be resolved, please can you reboot the router and try to connect. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
jwsg
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

This follows a DNS related loss of service last September and again in January