Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"This site can't provide a secure connection" error

busylizzie
Grafter
Fixes: 2

"This site can't provide a secure connection" error

I have started getting this error when going to the Plusnet home page - only in Chrome. Every other web page I use is fine.

10 REPLIES 10
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: "This site can't provide a secure connection" error

@busylizzie This is the third time I've seen this reported 'error' in the last month, and the common link between them all is the Chrome browser. Which OS are you using (W10/W11), and do you have an alternative browser to try? Plusnets certs are perfectly OK, I'm suspecting a browser configuration error or something wrong in its certificate store.

John
busylizzie
Grafter

Windows 10. I could use FireFox (or Edge) but prefer Chrome. It's a "non problem" as it isn't affecting other websites or even PlusNet.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

I think I understand what you are saying, but it is a problem - in the core of that browser.

John
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

For those having problems, I'm curious to know what your browser user agent string is? You can check it here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

busylizzie
Grafter

To summarise: Chrome 116.0.0.0 on Windows 10 (NT 10.0)

gold_finch9

Hi Busylizzie,

I`m getting the same problem as yourself just from today Monday 4th of September, I think it was working last night ok, yes I can use Microsoft edge to get on plusnet I`ve got windows 10 64 bit, I`ve just updated chrome on my settings makes no difference and get the same secure connection " error appear, chrome is normally reliable. 

gold_finch9

My browser agent is 116.0.5845.141(official build) (64 bit)

jgj18
Hooked

I've been having the same problem for the past couple of weeks, using up-to-date Chrome on both my W10 laptop and my Android phone. It works fine under MS Edge, but I don't normally use that. All other websites that I use are fine under Chrome.

gold_finch9

Hi jgj18

What difference it makes long term we`ll have to wait and see but I sent a message to google relating to this I know I won,t get a follow up reply which they state at the time you enquire, but they will follow up such enquiries to see what they can do  meanwhile to try and fix any problems, I noticed on googles website community forum somebody had got these same Issues as we have on here but I`m unclear who their broadband provider was but either way they were trying to use chrome. 

Mav
Fixes: 517

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still