Did you mean: 

ADSL Router firmware testing

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: ADSL Router firmware testing

They recognise quality support when they see it Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
dsw
Grafter

Quote from: aam
Is the test firmware for the TG582n newer than the 10.2.2.9 version? If so, I'd be interested.  
Also will the update be pushed by TR-069 to those selected, or will it have to be installed manually?

Why is my router only running:
Software Release: 8.4.4.J
This normal?
Divefire

I'm rather late to this party but if the need for volunteers exists, I'd be interested in trying it. I have everything connected via wifi (I'm allergic to 100 wired ports) and my part of the world is rather crowded with competing wireless signals so I'd be very interested to see how the auto mode works out.
Thanks.
dimcass
Dabbler

as a newbie in the UK I've got one question....can a firmware update be done manually?
Up to now -before i came to the UK- all the routers had a firmware update option through the router's page.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The Technicolor routers can be updated manually but this requires use the special flashing utility mentioned in the How to upgrade/ downgrade the firmware on the Thomson 585v7 & 585v8 Customer Support Library article. The utility works also on the TG582n but is Windows only.
David
dimcass
Dabbler

Tried it (win7).Didn't work.
During the transfer process -before installation- it just says that it failed.
I'm using tp link powerline.Could this be a reason.Got my desktop on a different floor.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@dimcass that utility it only works with a set number of routers, yours won't be supported or can it Use the firmware which again is for the Technicolour.  You would need to check the TP site for any utilities you need and firmware
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
nitram
Rising Star

Try moving the router to the desktop and connect by ethernet.
dimcass
Dabbler

That didn't work either.Still says failed right before it installs it .The router should have been a bit easier to update.
Gus
Aspiring Pro

I'm using tp link powerline

dimcass that firmware tool and firmware is not for that make of router, only routers the supplied by Plusnet - Thompson and Technicolour.  You trying to use it could leave you with a dead router which would require reinstalling the firmware to get it working again.
So do not try to use it unless you have the Technicolor, you should look at http://uk.tp-link.com ; But going by what you have said I would advise you not to.  It is one thing you can't get wrong as the fix isn't easy
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Err...
He's using powerline adapters to connect the PC to the router instead of having an ethernet cable trailed from one floor to another. There's no reason why that should cause an issue.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The powerline adapters might cause problems if used during updating -  the connection from the PC application to the router might not use standard networking, at least for part of the process. However that shouldn't be an issue when connected direct.
The best solution is probably to ask Plusnet to update it remotely when they are back on Wednesday.
David
nitram
Rising Star

Still using the ethernet cable try with AV and firewall disabled, re-enable before connecting  to web.
If W7 run in compatibility mode if still not working.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Good point! AV and/or firewall is a far, far more likely reason for failure than the powerline adapters.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dimcass
Dabbler

tried that,too.Guess what?Nothing.Still gives error message after transfer to the device and before it installs it.
I'll have to wait for a mod to see this and offer inside help.
thanks guys for your responses.