Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone price changes - May 2013

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Home Phone price changes - May 2013

I don't know about TalkTalk but http://www.primussaver.co.uk/pdfs/broadband_t&cs_12months.pdf states
After acceptance by Primus Saver of the proposed Customers application to receive the Service and confirmation that the Customer telephone lines supports LLU SMPF ( Local Loop Unbundled Shared Metallic Path Facility) then Primus Saver will advise the Customer of the proposed Service commencement date, and deliver any required Equipment ordered by the Customer.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The last time I checked up, Primus were using TalkTalk's (it was Opal now TT Business) Network to provide that service, but I haven't checked up so it might have changed - not heard that it has.
Razer
Grafter

Oh, right. Thanks. Kind of puts me off them. As does looking over the details of their pricing.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The point is many people do not look at who supplies the service just the price otherwise TalkTalk would not have the vast amount of customers it has. Who ever is supplying the service that's very cheap and with money being tight that's what people look at.
hooverman
Rising Star

as plusnet is owned by the bt group who have changed their phone structure to the same structure that plusnet now has all be at a sligthly inrease above what plusnet charge ,but they are giving their broadband subscribers free sports  to off set the increase ,as per thinkbroadband
        surely Plusnet did not need to follow suit of their parent company ,as I dont think Plusnet are going to give out sports tv packages
buzzwoody
Dabbler

A couple of points:
1. Line Rental. As Plusnet charge 99p for Caller Display, which is really essential these days, the total cost is in fact for new Customers £15.49 - BT is £15.45 as they include Caller Display without charge. So one is paying more with Plusnet and if your Line breaks down Plusnet will charge for redirection of your Calls to a Mobile, BT do it for nothing.
2. Sports on BT. BT's Infinity 1 Package is the same as Plusnet's Essential Fibre Package. Plusnet charge £15.99, BT only £15 and Sport is included, on your TV etc. for nothing.
Really impossible to suggest Plusnet to one's friends anymore! Embarrassed 
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I wouldn't really advise anyone going for the TV package with a 40GB limit so you need to compare the unlimited offerings where BT is £3 more expensive
Of course on a Market 1 exchange there is no argument - BT all the way
PowerLee
Pro
Fixes: 2

You couldn't pay me to be a BT customer ever again even it they are cheaper or give away freebies, all I want is a decent service that works for a fair price & if / when it doesn't work be able to ring a UK call centre & speak to someone that understands the problem & doesn't read from a script.
I know Plusnet is a division of the BT group BUT Plusnet having UK call centres & decent customer service gets my vote & business every time.
Decent UK based customer service is worth paying for IMHO.  Wink
buzzwoody
Dabbler

Thanks Oldjim, point appreciated.
However from my view the main point is the TV offer by BT to Sky Sports viewers, of which I am one and I expect any keen sports fan is. With any BT Broadband Package now, BT offer free Sports for basically all sport not available on Sky without Downloads coming into the equation.
BT add their Sports Channels to your Sky Viewing Card so you can watch them in HD on your TV - the Picture is via Sky and is not Downloded via a Modem.
Getting this for nothing, compared to paying £12 a month if your Broadband is not with BT but someone else, is surely a coup de gras for BT. I must admit for this alone I regret leaving them.
picbits
Rising Star

Plusnet offer a Static IP for a one off charge of £5 which BT couldn't offer me.
I would have to go onto BT's business package to get a static IP and pay an extra £5 per month as well as being on a £30+vat / month tariff.
hooverman
Rising Star

Ive read this announcement from page to page and it gives me the effect of the changes in the structure ,but not the why , I feel that bt is pulling the strings, And whilst I would like a free sports package I would not want to go to BT ,due to the excellent service I get off plusnet
      But part of the reason bt have increased cost is free sports ,but what is plusnets reason , I will be on the existing phone line rental thanfully ,but it going to be strange for new members that there is two different phone structures   
buzzwoody
Dabbler

I think I am correct that Madasafish is a Subsidiary of Plusnet - certainly of BT. Monthly Line Rental with Madasafish is £11.99, Plusnet now £14.50! - amazing Shocked
alanf
Aspiring Pro

"Madasafish is part of the Brightview Group, established in April 2001. Brightview is fully owned by BT plc. Madasafish is a trading name of Plusnet plc."
http://www.madasafish.com/about-us/
You missed the fact that Madasafish's £11.99 pcm includes Evening and Weekend calls. Plusnet's £14.50 pcm will include Weekends only.  Plusnet's Evening and Weekend option will cost an additional £1.50 pcm. I haven't checked to see how the costs of chargeable calls compare.
Note, however, that MAAF's broadband costs a minimum (after any introductory offer) of £14.99 pm for a download/upload limit of just 5GB pm at up to 6Mbps line speed. Clearly the MAAF brand operates on a very different business model.
(With LRS+Anytime PN will work out at the equivalent of  £15.99 pcm and MAAF at £16.99 pcm paid monthly.)
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Looking at other forums looks like the "naked" LRS offer (ie without any calls) which came in earlier this year ,is still catching new customers unawares -must admit I didn't realise til today that no calls were now included. I've phoned my daughter to tell her NOT to move her phone over to PN!!
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I just did a check and as this screen cap shows there is no mention of weekend calls being excluded so I believe it is false advertising