Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing/Terms changes - October 2013

Jarr
Grafter

Re: Pricing/Terms changes - October 2013

Quote from: scoobydoo1
Quote from: Oldjim
Exactly - which is why I said it was not an official statement and as far as I know one hasn't been issued

considering plusnet have already released the news of the price hikes, why would we need to wait for an offical statement to cancel free of charge? or am i missing something, and if i am, when are plusnet likely to come out and make an offical statement, as i thought they had already as its all over moneysavingexpert among other places

Also, people who have been notified have a certain amount of time to leave even though there is no official statement. Has anyone had an email?
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Yes i have had the email, You have 10 day from receiving the email to notify them you will be leaving, there is mention of a set amount of time you will have to leave by.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jarr
Grafter

So if there's no official statement .........?
jim:quote
scoobydoo1
Grafter

Quote from: I
Yes i have had the email, You have 10 day from receiving the email to notify them you will be leaving, there is mention of a set amount of time you will have to leave by.
Regards
Mike

thats clearly wrong, as it quite clearly states on the first page of this thread the following
Cancellation notice period

"The notice period you need to give before leaving us will change to 14 days.

This will mean that if you are thinking of leaving, you'll need to let us know 14 days in advance of doing so. If you chose not to give this notice, please be aware that you might be subject to additional charges on your final bill."
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You are confusing two things
You have to advise that you are not willing to accept the changes in the T&C's within 10 days
The actual process of leaving can take longer and I suspect - but don't know - that this may be up to the point when the conditions change
Jarr
Grafter

Just re read things. As I'm paying for phone and broadband ill have no price increase?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

In my case I also have phone and broadband so no change to broadband price but the phone rental will increase from £13.99 to £14.99 and Talk Anytime from £4 to £4.50
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

So you could choose to move your phone to BT, (for instance), but still take your broadband from Plusnet without being penalised?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Oldjim
Resting Legend

No - that would trigger an increase in the broadband price
I can't remember where I read that
Razer
Grafter

The way I read this is that I have a 12 month contract at a certain price. PN are saying they want to change that contract to charge more. If I don't accept I can give notice to cancel, but if I give notice to cancel I will be penalised for cancelling before my contract is up. How is that fair?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Deferred fees tend to be on slightly older accounts, they are when a customer didn't want to pay for a new router upfront or chose to 'defer' the cost of a house move. They aren't related to ongoing or special offer discounts as far as I know.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dsw
Grafter

What happens to those customers who've paid line rental up front, but want to leave due to the changes?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

What happens to those customers who've paid line rental up front, but want to leave due to the changes?

Line rental saver customers price isn't changing?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dsw
Grafter

Call plan is though? £4.00 to £4.50 for anytime?
dai
Grafter

I am on Extra Fibre. I have not received the email yet, but I take it that I can expect the increase of £2.50? If this is the case then I will be cancelling within the 10 days notice period, and plusnet will receive their router back in the post. I dont think a charge of £28.99 for just broadband, constitutes good honest value broadband!?