Did you mean: 

Launch of Community Feedback Survey

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Launch of Community Feedback Survey

@Strat@jaread83

Thanks guys! Thumbs_Up

It goes back to what I was saying the other day really in another post, these kind of informational threads get buried so we don't know they exist. If I don't know something exists I don't go looking. I still think these kind of things should be presented to us at the Welcome Page, like a trending topic or urgent bulletin, it doesn't have to be a full blown post, just a few short lines 'headlines'. Just my opinion anyway, it seems to work really well on other websites.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

But who goes to the 'Welcome' page?  Nothing of much value there, so I go straight to the Forum.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Wheres the welcome page Roll_eyes

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

If there isn't one I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to say they are "committed" to providing one.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

Well blame me for saving that as my bookmark, I usually see this page unless I'm responding to an email notification about a post I'm following.

Here it is for you lazy lot: Plusnet Community Welcome Page

jaread83
Hero
Fixes: 81

A redesign of the homepage is on the cards (and has been for a while). The original idea of the homepage was to make it be a central hub for finding all the most recent posts/threads as well as a users unread items... but I think this could be made into a 'control panel' style page and have the homepage be a bit more useful for new members.

I will be working closely with our veteran members with this when it happens and will be receiving continual feedback during the process.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@jaread83

No good asking all, them old fossils, they all live in the General Forum. You need to ask us youngsters who are more in touch with modern things Funny

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@jaread83 wrote:

A redesign of the homepage is on the cards (and has been for a while).

Could I refer back to my comments hereCheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Hero

Already got an idea about that which has been on my enhancement list for a while. Going to write an algorithm that will take in some situations and give out a different message or show some more useful information depending on the users habits.

Some ideas for this would be:

A welcome message for someone who hasn't been on the forums for a long time.

A slightly different welcome message for someone who hasn't been back in a short amount of time.

For members who are here all the time, show a feed of recent activity in subscribed threads.

Something for new members to get them started.

Show something to members who have not updated their avatar.

and much more... it will just take a bit of planning first.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@jaread83 wrote:

Some ideas for this would be:

A welcome message for someone who hasn't been on the forums for a long time.

Suggestion: Where the heck have you been!!!! Ticked_off

A slightly different welcome message for someone who hasn't been back in a short amount of time.

Suggestion: Hello.., did you get lost?

For members who are here all the time, show a feed of recent activity in subscribed threads.

Suggestion: Oh god, not you again!

Something for new members to get them started.

Suggestion: Welcome to the nut house!

Suggestion: It's about time you changed that ugly avatar! OR: You're too ugly for that avatar, please change it promptly!

and much more... it will just take a bit of planning first.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

All good ideas.

If you're going to have NAGS you just as well make them entertaining.

quickbrew
Rising Star

I came across and successfully responded to the survey several days ago when I logged in.

I am a Plusnet newbie so have no historic experience of some of the views from members of longer standing. 

Whether it is because I am an original Grumpy old man or not I can't say but I take every opportunity of responding to surveys, even if when I finally get to the "anything else" box -  it is to have a rant about survey popups 😊

After all, if you don't occasionally offer 'constructive'  feedback; how are they ever going to know your molehill is growing into a mountain,  and to mix my metaphors, when the anger dam finally breaks they get drowned in currents of animosity and frustration which is neither constructive or helpful to either party. 

Consequently, although I may be in a minority, I would rather have channeled lines of communication where you can express your views.

Although we do sometimes find popups a pain in the butt, if it is on your forum, I think it should be welcomed and constructively used. 

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity.
An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
jaread83
Hero

Liking those ideas @MKSlinky Wink maybe a bit much but it gave me a chuckle.

@quickbrew, I welcome all open and honest feedback about the forums and keep a record of the best ideas for discussion in a bi-weekly meeting to get those ideas fleshed out and the ball rolling until eventually I am given a green light to implement (although sometimes I do have to reject some ideas as it may not be possible due to constraints of how much I can change here).

This current board (Community Site Feedback) is my main board and try to respond to the feedback as best as I can. If you have any ideas or gripes, I am all ears if you would like to start a new thread/topic to talk about it Smiley

jaread83
Hero

@MKSlinky wrote:

Suggestion: It's about time you changed that ugly avatar! OR: You're too ugly for that avatar, please change it promptly!

Unfortunately I made the grave mistake of using my own head for the default avatar. So now I see a lot of users who register to post once and the Online Users module at the bottom of the homepage is a sea of my head. That is also something I am going to get changed and provide a wider range of defaults avatars. 

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@jaread83 wrote:

Unfortunately I made the grave mistake of using my own head for the default avatar. So now I see a lot of users who register to post once and the Online Users module at the bottom of the homepage is a sea of my head. That is also something I am going to get changed and provide a wider range of defaults avatars. 

Glad I made you chuckle, I'm all about having fun which is why I've just come back to check this post, the general forums are far too serious at the moment for my liking.

It's funny you mention your head, until just a few seconds ago I thought your user name was 'jarhead83' which made me think you were a military guy. I just didn't understand the significance of a black duck. It is a duck right?

You could always throw the creation of some new avatars open to a competition to get the community involved. Plusnet could then choose their favourites from the entries. I'm a budding graphic designer so I'd quite enjoy doing something like that. What do you think?