Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority - Forum bugs have appeared

FIXED
mtrinder
Grafter

Re: Priority - Forum bugs have appeared

I've replicated the issue for Jack - we're just mulling it over.

Jack wonders if it might be down to the duplicate Thread Options button we added a while back - however we are seeing this issue on several elements, so more investigation needed.

jaread83
Hero
Fixes: 81

Also, we can't replicate the issue on the staging environment. With this in mind, I think it might be down to the server configuration where the community is being hosted so will need to raise this directly with Lithium.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

While they're at it they could maybe look into their WSS JavaScript as well it has a few issues.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@jaread83 don't forget (if you haven't already been advised) everything was OK at launch until sometime on Friday morning. The problems appeared prior to 1030, they were definitely there because at 1041 as I decided to start investigating in more detail. When did I first notice any of them? let's say sometime after 0900 as I can't be absolutely certain on that one, but I'm fairly sure they were not there before that. So what change(s) did Lithium or Plusnet make before 1030?

IanSn
Rising Star

This may be irrelevant the way the page glitches out (on mobile) sometimes it looks as if there's a delay loading (external?) style sheets or js for some elements. Can wait up to 30 seconds for it to straighten out.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I'm stuck on an old slow 2Meg Max 20 CN connection and I see similar  'glitchiness' but over 2 - 5 seconds.

Roll on 2019 (and slipping) when we might get Fibre.

Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

IanSn
Rising Star

i'm on phone using 4G which zips along fine otherwise, but seemed to hang on waiting for style sheets, etc, on this site. Wondered why that would be and if had any bearing on some issues. Doesn't happen on desktop. Prob nothing to do with it...
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Got this error a few minutes back.  Clicked on link in 'My notifications'  General Chat/macros

Plusnet bug-web.jpg

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion

IanSn wrote:
This may be irrelevant the way the page glitches out (on mobile) sometimes it looks as if there's a delay loading (external?) style sheets or js for some elements. Can wait up to 30 seconds for it to straighten out.

IanSn wrote:
i'm on phone using 4G which zips along fine otherwise, but seemed to hang on waiting for style sheets, etc, on this site. Wondered why that would be and if had any bearing on some issues. Doesn't happen on desktop. Prob nothing to do with it...

Now funny you should say all that, because I did notice similar on my PC yesterday. Also had the same this afternoon on mobile but 3G connection but it seemed possibly browser dependent, when I changed browser it wasn't as prevalent.

@MauriceC I had the same error twice this afternoon, once was on a dodgy Wifi signal and I put it down to it dropping out at one point, but I did get it again later on mobile, but only the once.

IanSn
Rising Star

There are heck of a lot of various browser glitches when working with responsive sites, esp if using a lot of js. You really have to be on the ball to avoid them. I notice one visual glitch resolved if I resized the screen, pointing at css/js at work for some screen resolutions. Wondering what else might be being loaded, device/screen dependent. And if there is a delay coz the file is slow to load. Obvs I'm miles away from the code here... If on PC resize the browser window (smaller, much smaller) and see what happens. See pic - this sorts itself out (on phone) if you zoom in and out.
Anotherone
Champion

Came across a few oddities like that before, they'd all been fixed on testing. Obviously whatever the glitch is here, is causing these js errors to crop up.

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Yet another issue this Forum has problems wen copying text for my screen reader to read the text out to me, what I am on about if I copy the text below the first line in the comment it will not copy!

[Edit]

It doesn't happen with all comment posts.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Gary

Have you migrated to a modern screen reader yet as we were informed that it was checked against most screen readers

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@ My screen reader worked fine on the old Forum what was running simple machines software, and to answer your question no I haven't got a new screen reader!

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

@Midnight_Caller I have flagged this up in the beta test forums along with the link to the screen reader you are using as that is probably the best place to pick it up as it may need some testing