cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting the Atom - well, not quite .... but..

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

Re: Splitting the Atom - well, not quite .... but..

@jaread83 wrote:

@bobpullen, can you suggest a way of splitting up this board as described by @shutter above re the windows software, linux and hardware boards? I understand that you're probably the best person to make this call for the forum structure and I am all for getting this updated if possible.

Your understanding's wrong Wink

@I've suggested the situation is reviewed, however preening the number of boards was a conscious decision that was made by @LouisaMartin, @PlusnetLiam and the team. I can personally see both sides of the argument. On one side, the separate boards were pretty quiet in the old world, on the other side, there's clearly a desire from some for them to be split again.

Those that decided the structure need to evaluate the feedback that's been provided and discuss/decide whether splitting the boards out again is a direction they want to go in.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Thanks for the reply Bob, the "debate" will indeed go on Wink

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 66

@Anotherone OK... so I may have got the titles wrong... but you know what I mean......

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 66

@Anotherone wrote:

Thanks for the reply Bob, the "debate" will indeed go on Wink

And... as mentioned in my post... the longer it goes on... the less likely it will actually get split back into the three boards... 

Delaying tactics are an excellent way of proving that it is more effective to do nothing, rather than do something sooner to lessen the work load involved in reverting back to the three separate boards again.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Going by past PN fixes , this will take longer rather than sooner Lips_are_sealed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I also support the proposal to re-establish the boards as they were in the old forum.  Much more logical to locate what is being looked for.

If justification is needed, look at the plethora of boards in the Plusnet Services section some of those are not used much, but are much easier to find for new or infrequent users.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 18

@shutter wrote:

What do the "Grumpy Old Gits"  ( those who don`t like "change for change sake"  under the guise of "improvement") think of the conglomeration of the amalgamated three boards   Windows Software     Linux  Software    and   Tech stuff

....  Do you feel this has been a retro move that has helped to make the forum less customer orientated ?  or do you think that having all that stuff jumbled up is a good idea..

Personally I feel the mixed boards is a good idea. It brings variety to what was otherwise quite mundane. IMO it should have been done years ago as there was never enough activity in the computer related boards.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!