cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here! (Part 2)

rback
Hooked

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here! (Part 2)

Thank you very much
assuage
Hooked

Please can you restore the mailbox sus**ro********
Under my account.
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

I have raised this now for you @assuage 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
peterdevine

Please unarchive main email mailbox (folders and subfolders) so that I can recover important ones.

Thank you

Peter Devine

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 32

@peterdevine Hi, no trouble. I need some details like your username so would you be able to update the broadband username info on the community forum so I can see it or reply to my DM? Cheers 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
CharDennish

Help! All my emails have suddenly disappeared last night with no warning. How do I restore them back? 

I've tried reading help info on this forum but I haven't seen any warnings to say I am running out of space, this has come out of no where!

Please help me get them back, I am in the middle of planning a wedding and have lost all my contacts Cry 

Thank you!!!

Jane22Wright
Hooked

Please could I have my Maildir emails unarchived as soon as possible please?

I work for a charity from home and am at capacity seemingly all the time.  1GB is not enough.  What options do I have to increase this?

I delete all my junk, go through all sent emails and spend time keeping my inbox down, but this account is my filing system! 

I have my holiday and concert ticket bookings all needed too, so very urgent!

HELP!

Jane22Wright
Hooked

Please could I have my Maildir emails unarchived as soon as possible please?

I work for a charity from home and am at capacity seemingly all the time.  1GB is not enough.  What options do I have to increase this?

I delete all my junk, go through all sent emails and spend time keeping my inbox down, but this account is my filing system! 

HELP!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

@Jane22Wright Are you using Webmail or an email client? It is NOT possible to increase the 1GB limit, I'm afraid.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 166

Email should not be used as a document storage system - it’s a messaging system. Extract important documents into a document storage environment, either on your PC or one of the many cloud storage platforms.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 17

@Townman wrote:
Email should not be used as a document storage system - it’s a messaging system. Extract important documents into a document storage environment, either on your PC or one of the many cloud storage platforms.

I know where you are coming from - I've used many document storage systems in various corporate environments. And I don't trust important e-mails to any on-line system that doesn't offer strong guarantees (I never used Plusnet e-mail even when I was still a customer).

However, most e-mails aren't "documents", they are "e-mails". They can be filtered by sender, subject, date, etc. They may have attachments that are "documents" which should be stored in an appropriate system if they need to be kept.

An e-mail aware system (such as an e-mail app) is actually an effective way to curate and store e-mails. I use an e-mail system to keep e-mails I don't want to discard - I have a hierarchy of several hundred folders, and many rules which directs incoming e-mails to the appropriate folder. I can easily search back a couple of decades if I can't immediately find an e-mail I want to refer to. It is all backed up, is accessible from wherever I have internet access, and is just as secure as any other storage system.

Ros1

Please can you unarchive my emails, I only have one mailbox.  Thanks

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 493

Hi @Ros1 

That's been raised for you now and we'll get them restored as soon as possible 

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Jane22Wright
Hooked

Many thanks Matthew! 

I have concert tickets and holiday booking tickets all saved in my emails and feel completely hijacked!

I run a large event (voluntarily) from home with all the conversation threads around sponsorship and publicity, meetings, finance etc all kept in my emails!   It's a ridiculous situation. 

I delete all unnecessary emails inc trash and sent, regularly.

No one else ever experiences this limitation on Mailbox capacity with their ISP!!!  

Is there a way I can apply to increase the capacity for my files on my inbox? 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

@Jane22Wright 

The Plusnet email service is a legacy add on product no longer available to new customers. Fewer ISPs offer an email service these days as there are many alternative both free and paid for products available, with much more expandable storage available.

As has been explained in responses to your previous posts, this Plusnet service is limited in capacity and unsuitable for the use in which you are using it.  If you need advice or help with setting up an alternative that will fully meet your needs, both now and in the future, may I suggest that you start a new topic explaining your requirements. I'm sure that you will find that assistance will be offered.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'