cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here! (Part 2)

nclark777
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here! (Part 2)

Hi Again

Supplier/Techie guy not available to talk today so will try and see him in the morning before i go away for a few days.

Will be in touch

Thanks N

nclark777
Grafter

Hi Mike

Supplier /Techie guy at my end not available to talk to today. Will try and see him before i go away tomorrow for a few days.

I saw the box on the portal regards nominating Authorised users thanks.for that.

For information my emails have started to come back. My phone and the spare laptop i am using at the moment are picking them up. 

Will keep in touch

N

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

First configuration of an IMAP client might take a while to sync up. If you are using POP3 with never delete from server … then there’s none of the claimed advantages of using POP3 … along with all of the downsides … notably no central repository of sent mail if multiple clients are used to send mail.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nclark777
Grafter

Hi Townman

Thanks for your inputs.

I have been reading some previous communications you have been having with other users on similar matters with regards IMAP v POP3 etc. 

My Supplier/Techie guy is of a similar opinion to yourself with regards the benefits of IMAP. Ive just been too used to having all my mails on my computer and not worrying too much about what happens from that point.

I think it will take a few days yet to sort but need to sit down with the guy and understand whats happening  as i go through any transition. .

After having my mailbox un archived I am currently receiving and sending mails via my phone and spare laptop they are both set to POP3. I know my primary laptop, which is sat  with the Supplier/Techie has probably not been switched back on since i took it back down after he tried to configured my mail box via the IMAP route.

Will try and talk with him again this morning before I go away for a few days.

Thanks again for your inputs/advice/help.

Neil