Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer login to email using 4G

philipdp
Hooked

Can no longer login to email using 4G

Hi
I've just moved to LycaMobile and I find I can no longer send emails over 4G (coincidence?).  I keep getting an error message that my login-credentials are wrong but I've checked an double checked them, and they work fine using wi-fi.  I have attached an (anonymised) screenshot of my settings.  (The user name I am using is my normal Plusnet username, not my email address)

Can anyone put me out of my misery please?

Thanks

Philip

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Re: Can no longer login to email using 4G

@philipdp many mobile providers use CGNAT where effectively a large number of users have the same public IP address. It's quite likely that the public IP has been blacklisted due to other users activities. Email clients are not good at returning the exact reason for failing login, they tend to just report username/password error, when actually it may be that the IP reputation is the real reason. IT MAY sort itself out in 24h or so if the reputation improves...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

philipdp
Hooked

Thanks for such a quick reply.

Now this may be a really dumb comment/suggestion but...  could it be because I have have a static Plusnet IP address?  If so, would changing to a dynamic IP address potentially resolve the problem?

Thanks

Philip

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Your static (home) IP has no bearing on your mobile IP.

John
philipdp
Hooked

Thanks - I thought it probably wouldn't but it was worth checking!
Philip