cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we get access to email from a recently closed account and transfer the included domain out?

snj
Grafter

Can we get access to email from a recently closed account and transfer the included domain out?

Hello,

I tried to get it all in the subject...

A friend's Plusnet account has recently been tagged for closure. Access to the existing email has therefore stopped and we'd like to know if it's possible to retrieve the email.

Additionally the account had an "included domain" (from all those years ago), is it possible to transfer the domain out?

I seem to remember that Plusnet once offered mail-only accounts for a nominal fee that could be used to keep access to email when broadband access was cancelled. Is this a potential solution to allow the email to be accessed and copied?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
snj
Grafter

Re: Can we get access to email from a recently closed account and transfer the included domain out?

I should add that trying to get any information about this via the support line hasn't worked so far as they were also convinced that the domain isn't an included domain, which I know it is. I would be grateful if anyone has any advice

Simon

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

Re: Can we get access to email from a recently closed account and transfer the included domain out?

@snj  if it's a .uk domain then look it up on nominet https://www.nominet.uk/whois/

If it's registered and hosted by PlusNet then it should say

Registrar:
Plusnet Plc [Tag = FORCE9]

Name servers:
ns1.force9.net
ns1.plusnet.co.uk 195.166.128.17
ns2.force9.net
ns2.plusnet.co.uk 212.159.13.150

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

snj
Grafter

Hello, yes it is an included Plusnet domain, but as I said, the support person I spoke to said it wasn't. This is why I'm asking in the forum because the Plusnet staff here are often more up to speed on this type of issue (especially with legacy options such as this). My main concern is seeing if we can access the email before the account fully closes.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Hi @snj, can you drop me a PM with the domain please so I can check on this for you?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

@snj, just to follow things up. The domain should be transferred for you now. 

Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet