Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Email when upgrading to FTTP

Mark32
Hooked

Help with Email when upgrading to FTTP

Hi Gandalf
How do i message you? I've seen you've helped other madasafish users. This morning all of my emails have disappeared😲

14 REPLIES 14
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: help r.e upgrading to FTTP

@Mark32 

You need to make 5 posts before PM becomes available. You then click on @Gandalf 

If he's paid attention to a post on another Forum he might PM you first which allows you to reply.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Hi @Mark32,

We don't archive emails held on a Madasafish account.

If you reach the 250MB mailbox quota then you just won't be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce capacity. Do you have your emails setup on a device which may have downloaded your emails to itself and deleted from the server?

@bmc, Cryptic! Out of interest, which forum? Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 283

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@jab1

Oh yeah. I did see that. BRB getting some apparently much needed coffee. 

(Also I've found @Mark32's account so no need to PM)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mark32
Hooked

I've raised a ticket today, 227891268
Nearly all of my emails have disappeared this morning. I desperately need them back.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've seen the ticket which is a request to our NetOps team to unarchive your emails but we wouldn't have archived your emails as you have a Madasafish account. If you can provide additional detail I can try to help you figure out what's happened. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mark32
Hooked

All of my emails were there this morning at 10am (until Wednesday last week). The account was blocked due to its capacity limits. Then it refreshed and everything was gone. This is my main email so its really important.
Tinkler
Dabbler

I'm glad your bumping my thread, it will make it easier to spot if the engineer can't do the job tomorrow 👍
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the info @Mark32

Are you checking webmail.plus.net and do you have your emails set up on a mail client like Outlook/Thunderbird etc?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mark32
Hooked

I was in a chrome browser accessing via plusnet. I have iy set up on BlueMail and Google but wasn't using these at the time.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Tinkler wrote:
I'm glad your bumping my thread, it will make it easier to spot if the engineer can't do the job tomorrow ‌‌

Sorry I've asked a mod to split Mark32's initial post and replies to a new topic in the email board.

@Mark32 wrote:
I was in a chrome browser accessing via plusnet. I have iy set up on BlueMail and Google but wasn't using these at the time.

Have you checked all folders including the deleted items folder? If you go to the top right hand corner of webmail then click on Settings, you'll be able to make sure all the folders are ticked and visible to view in the main page. Additionally try logging in from basic webmail https://webmail.plus.net/squirrelmail/src/login.php to check if the emails are there. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mark32
Hooked

No joy. Nothing in deleted items
I must have these emails restored.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I do understand this and I'm trying to help you get to the bottom of the problem.

Did you try basic webmail? How did that go? Are your Madasafish emails setup on BlueMail/Google as POP3 or IMAP? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your time on the phone @Mark32, it was good to speak with you.

I'm really sorry that your emails have disappeared and thanks for reaching out to me.

As discussed, I've raised a NetOps task to see if we have a temporary backup of your emails and if so we'll restore them from that. I'll call you on Thursday but will update you sooner if I hear from NetOps before then.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet