Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get spam?

JamesE
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

How to get spam?

I NEVER get any spam in my spam folder. I have discovered from other emails which I have which forward to Plusnet that some are regarded as spam and are rejected. Something in my settings is rejecting anything considered as spam. How do I alter this?

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 283

Re: How to get spam?

You want spam? 😕If you mean you do not want the PN spam filter to automatically block its transmission to you, have a look at your mail settings in 'My Account' - sorry I can't direct you to them, for some reason the system is struggling to let me log in.

John
JamesE
Rising Star

What exactly do you mean by "my account"? I assume you do not mean my Plusnet account, or if you do then I'm at a loss and your further help would be most gratefully received. As it will also if you are referring to my email account. I've hunted and hunted through my email settings and I just cannot find anything which looks like altering a spam filter or such.

But, yes, I need to stop it automatically rejecting spam. When Plusnet's email went really belly-up a while back I transferred all my vital stuff - banks, investments, Tesco etc. to a gmail address which I've had for yonks but did not use. When Plusnet got its email working properly I got my gmail to forward emails to it to my Plusnet mail. (Id done likewise with bt ages ago and note that that only forwards some, it ignores a lot of semi-spam but bt doesn't send a mail that it's bounced whereas gmail does). What's worse is that a few traders send a confirming email to a purchase and I never get them - once I know it might happen I use gmail or bt. I'm loath to move all to gmail but I'm getting minded to having to do it.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

What exactly do you mean by "my account"? I assume you do not mean my Plusnet account, or if you do then I'm at a loss and your further help would be most gratefully received.

@JamesE login to your plusnet account at https://www.plus.net/member-centre/login, select 'Manage account' and then there should be a link toward the bottom of the page 'Manage my plusnet mailboxes', click that and then select the 'Spam' tab.

There are two main options there:-

'Should spam filtering be enabled' and 'Discard obvious Spam'

I suggest starting by unchecking 'Discard obvious spam' but leave spam filtering enabled

There are also options as to what actions to take with mail seen as Spam

Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JamesE
Rising Star

Yes, thanks for that. I've done some more searching and found a page which said exactly what you did. I went to "member centre" but couldn't find what I had to but the guide which I found also suggested "email.plus.net" which worked and I ended up doing exactly what you suggested. I like your confirmation of what I tried! We'll now see what happens.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 283

Sorry you found my reply less than helpful, @JamesE . I assumed - obviously wrongly - that as you had been a PN customer for over six years, according to your forum registration date, you would know what I meant by 'your account'.

Anyway, looks like @MisterW sorted you out.

John