cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with plusnet e-mail following Windows 10 Mail app move to outlook

ManOKent

Problem with plusnet e-mail following Windows 10 Mail app move to outlook

Wanted to share my recent experience with the demise of the Windows 10 mail app and the introduction of the Output replacement (on my home PC). Outlook will replace the Mail app in 2024. I never had any trouble using my plusnet e-mail accounts from the Mail app but no matter what I try I cannot get the new Outlook app to work correctly. I have a full version of Outlook on my laptop and that works without any problems. I am sure I am using the correct account settings as the accounts will appear in the mailbox list but will not sync correctly with new mail, sent items and deleted mail. I have tried other MS Store free mail apps and the one that works most reliably with my plusnet e-mail accounts is Blue Mail, easy to set up and syncs without any problems. I would be interested if anyone knows how to get the new Outlook app to work correctly using manual set up. I haven't found any solutions on the forum.

1 REPLY 1
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Re: Problem with plusnet e-mail following Windows 10 Mail app move to outlook

Hi @ManOKent 

A warm welcome to the forums.

For clarity - do you see any error reports / codes or is it simply a matter of the IMAP folders not being populated?

Can you sent emails without encountering an error event?

If there are no errors, I recommend looking for the IMAP root folder setting in the account configuration as set that to inbox

Sometimes this is needed to get the IMAP (inbox, sent etc) folders to populate properly.  I have seen this on multiple occasions with other email service providers and have reason to believe it has something to do with how a new mailbox was first accessed: I suspect that accessing it with the Round Cube Webmail client might be am influencing factor.

I am certain that I have seen this on Plusnet's mail service, but right now, none of my Plusnet mailboxes need this setting.  I have seen exactly the same with other providers; indeed there is a mail service within which I have multiple mailboxes - so "need" this setting to populate the folders, whilst others do not.  One tell-tale of there being an issue in this area is how do the other folders appear in the email client's folder pane - as peers to inbox or as children of inbox?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.