cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending mail using mobile data

FIXED
XO

Sending mail using mobile data

I can’t send Plusnet emails from my Apple iPhone 7 when using mobile data. I get an error message about the server rejecting some or all of the addresses. However if I am connected to Wi-Fi the emails go with no problem. I can also send gmail emails using mobile data. It is only Plusnet emails that are affected. I can receive emails with no problems using data. Can anyone help please?
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Sending mail using mobile data

Moderators Note

Duplicate post removed

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

@XO you need to set authentication for the outgoing server ( relay.plus.net ) using your Plusnet username & password.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

XO

Sorry I am not particularly good at tech but if it works okay on Wi-Fi then doesn’t that mean all the mail settings are okay?😊
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

Fix

@XO  no it doesn't. When you are connected to wifi, you are on the PlusNet network and you do not need to authenticate ( but you can ) with the outgoing server. When you are not on a Plusnet network i.e a mobile network then you MUSt authenticate with your account details.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

XO

I did what you suggested and all is now working as it should. Thanks for your help!