Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very old ic24.net email

FIXED
amlandmjones
Dabbler

Re: Very old ic24.net email

Thank you so much for all your hard work to solve this. Im using a iMac and have managed to download Telnet via Homebrew which seems to have worked ok. I can get a Telnet commend line but if I type in any of the commands you've mentioned it says invalid command? Please attached.

amlandmjones
Dabbler

Further updater got the first command to work and got this text 

telnet> telnet relay.plus.net 587

Trying 212.159.8.107...

Connected to relay.plus.net.

Escape character is '^]'.

220 avasout-peh-001 smtp relay.plus.net

Connection closed by foreign host.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

have you done as it asks on there an run the chsh' command?

John
amlandmjones
Dabbler

Thanks for your responses. Sorry my Dos skills aren't brilliant, I have finally got through the commands and it does come up with the answer:-

535 ...authentication rejected as source IP has a poor reputation

Connection closed by foreign host.

Does that mean its my internet provider's (Sky) problem?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

More than likely - although I'll let @Townman  or @MisterW  have the final word.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Yes, it does, but getting them to do anything about it is going to be difficult.

Make a note of what your current public IP is ,  use https://whatismyipaddress.com/ if you can't see it on the router.  Then try turning the router off overnight and see if that gets a different one.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

amlandmjones
Dabbler

Thanks so much I'll give it a go overnight

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

This is a massive step forward.

I cannot recall if you answered / tested the phone’s connect ability over mobile (as opposed to sky wifi). Given the reported result it should work and prove that the configuration is correct.

If it does work, try configuring the phone as a hotspot, connect the PC to it (via WiFi) and prove its configuration too. After that it’s a matter of obtaining a clean Sky IP address (or try a VPN service).

Well done on overcoming your reservations on the DOS space. The test looks daunting but you seemed to have managed to follow the guide. Diagnosing problems such as this is a real chore given most email clients do not distinguish the cause of the connection failure.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

amlandmjones
Dabbler

Thanks for your continuing support. Yes we can send emails using mobile data and using the phone as a hot spot for the iMac too.I'm trying to sort the clean IP address asap. I will let you know how we get on.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Fix
Putting your IP address into this will indicate the nature of the blacklisting - https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

amlandmjones
Dabbler

It says its listed due to Spamhuas ZEN?

amlandmjones
Dabbler

Having switched the router off for 24 hours we have got a new clean IP address and emails are working again. Thanks all for responses and help.