cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice for best way to do a seamless VOIP port when moving to full fibre

crowroad
Grafter

Re: Advice for best way to do a seamless VOIP port when moving to full fibre

Im not sure I would have expected the Sales people to have a full knowledge of the porting process

Perhaps you would.  Perhaps you have more faith in the process. Perhaps you have better luck than others.

I would like to expect that the Sales/Upgrade team have been briefed on the answers to typical customers might have when going through this process.  But so far, all it's done is to prevent me from upgrading, (because of the uncertainty), thereby potentially causing me to pay far more for my current VDSL BB than even FF 900+VOIP after my contact expires in early October.

The process ought to be a smoother than it is.  That's my experience (and PN recorded too).  Other's Mileage May Differ, as they say.

crowroad
Grafter

So I believe .... "the FF is a 'different infrastructure' and can't work with my account." is not true.

So I tried to explain to the Tech Support person who said she "thought" that was true.  On both occassions I had to request the correct information from Tech Support, and even then, in the last case, I unfortunately got someone who didn't really know, but was only giving an incorrect opinion.

Since PN are, like BT, only "selling" SoGEA, you might hope that they were briefing their staff accoridngly and thoroughly before they started the process.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@Stephenhowes 

We've been with Plusnet for over nine years & we've always recommended them, but just as you've outlined we're switching to BT full fibre purely because we can get broadband & digital voice with BT & no messing about have to involve a 3rd party VOIP provider such as A & A which is a recipe for conflict if a fault occurs.