cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTMF tones for VOIP

longniddry

DTMF tones for VOIP

I have 6 phones using VOIP, they are fine on another network but using plusnet they will not pass DTMF, so users cannot select option 1  etc during a call. Is there a setting in the router to change?

I called plusnet support only to be told they have not been trained in voip so cant do anything. No 2nd line support either

7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Re: DTMF tones for VOIP

Which router do you have ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

longniddry

thanks, Plusnet Hub two

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

The only setting that relates to voip (sip) is SIP ALG on or off. Its in the advanced>firewall>configuration settings. I would normally suggest it should be off, try changing from whatever it is. I'm not sure it would affect dtmf signalling though....

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

longniddry

thanks I will try, but I have my doubts on that one. Had to change it on another router for a different purpose

thanks for your help

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I doubt it as well. I really can't see why dtmf signalling should be any different using plusnet.

I assume the plusnet connection is a similar speed and latency to the other which works ?

longniddry

yes much the same, they were using 4g previously

Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Everything Else

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'