Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access and change a domain password

FIXED
PeteBarker001
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

How to access and change a domain password

I have a domain that came with my origina globalnet account that I wish to access via plusnet to enable me to reset the access passwords and access the domain via an ftp program. How do I do this?

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Re: How to access and change a domain password

If you're wanting to change the password for the default mailbox of the domain, then I'm pretty sure that's the same as the account password and can be done by logging into the portal. Instructions here.

For additional mailboxes, there are instructions here.

To access it, log in to webmail here using the full email address as the username and the relevant password. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 23

@Gandalf, it sounds like they are wanting to access the web space.  Would that be the same as the default mailbox, so your first link?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Whoops. Well, hopefully those instructions are useful to someone. For webspace, looking here, the log-in is the same as the account username & password, so aye they'd have to follow the steps in the first link. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PeteBarker001
Dabbler

I want to change the contents of the web page. It's nothing to do with the email box. The problem I have is I can't get my password or user ID to work when using CuteFTP to access the website. Therefore I want to access the domain via my plusnet login and update the user name and password on the domain site. 

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 23

From what @Gandalf is saying, and from your first post. it is your MadAsAFish/GlobalNet username and password you need, not a Plusnet username and password.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PeteBarker001
Dabbler

Fix

Thanks to all. I have now managed to access the site using this link 

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~Username

and using my original globalnet user name and my latest plusnet password.

I found the information via this link https://secure.madasafish.com/myaccountdx/webspace/

Thanks again

Pete