cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to redirect hosted domain emails to a specific email address?

FIXED
witchole
Hooked

How to redirect hosted domain emails to a specific email address?

I have a domain hosted with Plusnet, and the emails for this domain are pointing to my Plusnet email account (mx.avasin.plus.net).

Currently one particular email address for the domain has been configured to be redirected to a specific email address, and others go to the Plusnet catchall account.

I vaguely remember having to contact support to set up the particular email redirection for me a few years ago, is that still the case? I would now like to create a new particular email address for this domain.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Re: How to redirect hosted domain emails to a specific email address?

Fix

@witchole

Currently one particular email address for the domain has been configured to be redirected to a specific email address, and others go to the Plusnet catchall account.

If I understand you correctly , you mean you have a mailbox for one specific email address and another mailbox which is the catchall ?

Note that mailboxes are common between your native <accountname>.plus.com and any hosted domain e.g mydomain.co.uk

I would now like to create a new particular email address for this domain.

All you need to do is create a new mailbox using the Manage my mail link in the member centre.

Login, got to the 'Manage Account' tab and then the 'Manage My Mailboxes' link. On the summary tab, click the Create New Email Address, select Next and selct the Deiver to a new mailbox , click Next and enter the password (note the restrictions!) for the new mailbox. Click next and your new mailbox should be there

Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

witchole
Hooked

Re: How to redirect hosted domain emails to a specific email address?

@MisterW wrote:

Note that mailboxes are common between your native <accountname>.plus.com and any hosted domain

Ah, brilliant, why didn't I think of that?

Worked perfectly, thank you so much!