cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping times

OryxCallotis
Grafter

Ping times

My ping times to 8.8.8.8 are typically around 16ms or so, today they're around 30ms or so. My neighbour had some issues with a dodgy appliance yesterday, and it made the power cut at the circuit quite a bit before he figured it out (probably 10-20 times over the day), would this constant loss of power to the router have something to do with the ping increase? I know it doesn't sound like much, but it's a little noticeable in gaming, and I'm only really with PlusNet because I want a low-stable, ping.

Is there possibly something on the line that a staffer could look at? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

Re: Ping times

Hey there @OryxCallotis I have found a fault on the line which is external so I have sent my minions out to fix it for you. Give it until 05/10/23 23:59:59 and if not resolved, let me know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
OryxCallotis
Grafter

Thanks.

I'm not *quite* 100% sure if the fault you can see is an actual line fault or it's because of the phone line mix-up that I asked about in the other topic (or my order for FTTP). Happy to wait anyway, cheers.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

Oh no it's an exchange fault so we are on it now looking to resolve it Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team