Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Phasing Out Landlines

QuantumGuy
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Plusnet Phasing Out Landlines

I see Plusnet are starting to phase out landlines. I am on the Unlimited Fibre Extra with line rental package - Full Fibre is not available yet.

I have a Sipgate account

Would it be possible to switch to the fibre only package but transfer my current landline number to Sipgate?Huh

8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: Plusnet Phasing Out Landlines

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Once you move to the SOGEA product (broadband with no active landline) the number should be quarantined for 30 days and should be available to port out.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@QuantumGuy 

ISTR reading a thread somewhere on here where the poster had tried porting his quarantined number to Sipgate, but it seems (at least at that time) that Sipgate weren't up to speed on porting in a 'non-active' number and the port didn't happen.

There have been several others who've successfully used A&A to port their number to VoIP in your situation.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 23

If that's the one I'm thinking of, then that was in April or May.  Sipgate may have got their act together on that now, but I don't think anyone has commented on doing it with Sipgate recently.  That maybe because you can't get a new free account with them now, so fewer people have tried it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 23

Looking at their help page on porting, they still say "as long as they are in service until the port completes", which isn't in line with what Ofcom say.  There is an email address on that page which you could query that with.  I seem to remember them being very helpful when I ported a number to them, though that was quite some time ago, well before the Ofcom change, and the number was active and the lineline was to be ceased, so not too relevant to this.  Hopefully Sipgate can sort you out.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

QuantumGuy
Grafter

As I understand it - if I port to them my broadband package is terminated - and if I switch to a fibre only package the number will no longer be live to port!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

As I understand it - if I port to them my broadband package is terminated

Correct.

and if I switch to a fibre only package the number will no longer be live to port!

Not quite correct!. Yes, the number won't be live BUT Ofcom decreed that as from Apr 23, you have the right, and should be able to port your number for up to 31 days AFTER the account is closed ( and number ceased ).

QuantumGuy
Grafter

Ok many thanks