cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet moved me to BT Business

Ryokan56

Plusnet moved me to BT Business

Hi, I have been with Plusnet from the beginning (and Metronet before that) as a residential customer. I phoned up the main Plusnet number last week to find out what packages were available and got offered a change saving me about £6/month from existing broadband/phone contract to a broadband/digital phone package with promise that keep same landline number. But then realised that I was being moved to a BT Business package, withe an inclusive free UK landine/mobile/international calls package 24 month contract  (BT business hub and what seems a high spec dect IP phone).

Seemed odd but a reasonable deal with what might be some advantages. But wasn't really explained why I would be moved to BT. Then got a message from plusnet, sorry you're leaving us and that there would be an early termination fee for the 8 month left on contract! 

Phoned Plusnet again who said it was odd. I thought I had been scammed. Phoned BT and they had details of the BT account I had created as instructed and that all was in order. Phoned Plusnet to say that I had not intended to leave them but it was they who had transferred me to BT. This Plusnet advisor said it sounded like I had been offered a good deal as I wanted to keep my landline tel no and plusnet can now only offer broadband only deals. She confirmed that they have the ability to offer and transfer existing plusnet customers to BT. She is als arranging to cancel the early contract termination fee.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

3 REPLIES 3
encapsulated
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet moved me to BT Business

@Ryokan56 as this is BT Business, I suspect your phone will be on what they call Cloud Voice. Do you know if that is right?

Does not seem to be the same as Digital Voice they are in the middle of rolling out for residential customers

Ryokan56

Yes, it is Cloud voice, BT Cloud Voice Express, can make and receive calls on the Yealink w73p phone they sent which has to be connected to one of the lan ports on router. The cloud voice app on my mobile can also be used for calls, so if someone phones what is my existing landline number when I am away from home I can answer it on my mobile which is quite useful.

Looks like plusnet are going to lose my parents as broadband customers too as they have a separate landline contract with another provider and plusnet can't now offre them a phone package. But their phone provider can offer them broadband with their existing analogue landline (for the present at least until the analogue to digital change is required). They can save a lot of money now by combining the two. Only issue is that their phone provider is Shell, soon to be Octopus

encapsulated
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Oops @Ryokan56 I have been trying to get an answer to my billing questions from Octopus for weeks now. Silence.